Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Fitness/Weight Loss Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Weight Loss

You don't have to work out or starve to lose weight and gain health. What are your struggles to losing weight and keeping it off, as diets don't work? Diets are temporary.....do something for yourself that will last a lifetime....

I have lost 87 Lbs.

I feel so much better now!

Last edited by Seanrigby; 03-28-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 07:21 PM
WAHM Regular

So what did you do?
Old 05-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Registered WAHM

What is the secret for this success?
Old 05-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Super WAHM

Default Lifestyle changes

I took baby steps. It is all about lifestyle change. Unfortunately if you have weight issues, it is terribly easy to fall back into bad habits. You have to stay on top of it. I dropped 80 pounds over a period of over 1.5 year. Sadly, I have gained about 20 of it due to falling back into bad habits.

Water
healthy (and/or clean) eating
exercize, remember, even 10-15 minutes a day is more than nothing at all!

Remain positive. You are going to have bad days. Dont fret! Just do better tomorrow and keep moving forward!
Old 06-24-2017, 03:39 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Seanrigby, Congratulations on the weight loss! Wow, that is so inspiring!

I lost a lot of weight too and was able to keep it off for over 20 years! I turned 40 this year and I've definitely noticed a change in my body. I still wear the same size and my clothes fit the same but my shape is different-I have bigger hips and a bigger butt (which my husband loves).

The best way to lose weight is what Seanrigby said. Eat a well balanced meal and exercise regularly. It doesn't have to be long sessions. Most days, I work out for 20-30 minutes a day. Some days when I don't have much time, I'll workout for 8 minutes. Or I'll do some stretching or go for a short walk. That's more than enough keep my body in good shape. Starving yourself is the worst thing you can do to your body. It goes into starvation mode and starts to preserve fat! Never consume less than 1200 calories...even that is too low.

If you have to choose between strength training or cardio, always go with strength. You'll lose fat and build muscle- so you'll burn more calories at rest and you'll need to eat more because you have to maintain that muscle mass! Just make sure you're eating good healthy fats, complex carbs and lean protein. Never deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Moderation is the key.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Registered WAHM

Hello My Friends,

Please suggest me some tips. How lost wight fast not too fast..
Proper Routine chart. if available.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered WAHM

Just try to spend more calories than you eat a day, without any diagrams.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Congratulations on the weight loss, have you been able to keep the weight off? My biggest issue is just eating bad/wrong types of food
Old 07-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Banned

Default No struggling

I don't struggle with weight loss as my weight is the way i wish it to be. But, i have released and continue to release the baggage that doesn't help me anymore. The mental struggles which cause weight, and the emotional baggage also. There were a lot of things that i thought dragged me down, only to discover they don't if i see them as a chalange.

One important thing in my view as a wellness consultant is to do a proper detox. It is amaizing what we can achieve if we release all the toxicity from our bodies. A healthy body is more important then a body which has a certain weight. And we are our bodies, having full control.

What i have achieved is beyond the weight that i wish, to have a lot of energy during the day. I do 200 km bike rides, 5 hours of fitness training and 1000 pushups power training. And i'm not an athlete. For more sugestions on how i have done it, do write me and we can take it from there.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

The thing is that today is very easy to stay fit. How many programs do you encounter if you search on google? How many trainers could you know that will make you lose weight? The problem is that people most of the times don`t take action and commit to whatever program they find, it`s a matter of mindset.