Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Need your help! I just started a health and fitness blog..

I am working on my new blog and have a ton of ideas but I want to hear from you. What do you look for when you're looking for blogs to follow.
Right now I am working on a series of posts about pregnancy and exercise, postpartum weight loss, etc. I haven't posted them yet because I need to take photos first. I am also working on a few exercise routines to help blast away the fat and tone up your body. I am Personal Trainer and work at a woman's only gym so that is my specialty. I also just had a baby last year (yikes...can't believe it will be a full year on Wed.) so I am sharing what I learned in the pregnancy and postpartum posts.
Any other things I should write about?
Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Health and Business Coach

I would say post recipes and snack ideas. Posts about mindset. Posts on stretching. Balancing work and a baby/toddler. Workouts you can do with a baby or toddler. Finding time to exercise or maybe making time to exercise. I know its hard for Moms to take the time for themselves and boy do we need it!

There are a few ideas off the top of my head!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Super WAHM

I could have used exercises that can be done in short time, emphasizing a few minutes here and a few minutes there throughout the day adds up. Videos or pictures.

Balancing new mom duties, and encouraging "you don't have to do it all" (supermom syndrome)

Good luck on your new blog!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Registered WAHM

From what I have learned, most people love recipes and tips on how to be more efficient because everyone is busy. They love to see how to incorporate fitness into their lives to make it fun. Guess the main thing you would need to focus on if you are just starting your blog is who exactly is your niche market, 3 to 5 topics to discuss consistently, and what is your brand. When you cover those things consistently people will come to recognize you as the go to person for those subjects.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Exercise that can be done around other tasks, and in unusual places like sitting in the car at traffic lights for example
Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 PM
WAHM Regular

How to start a fitnes blog

Focus on your passion
Drop the IT geekdom
Choose a catchy title
Campaign for followers
Post oftem
Know your reader
Old 04-12-2016, 04:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Time friendly things would be good. Like short quick meals, work outs, hobbies, ect. Things that busy people can do and still stay fit and healthy. I am sure it will be great once you get it going. I love reading blogs like this.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Blogs

I love reading health and fitness blogs.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered WAHM

I love inspirational stories -- things like before-and-afters with photos, first-person accounts of how they overcame struggles during their fitness journey, etc. Recipes and meal plan examples are wonderful, and I think it's always helpful to compare popular diets/weight loss trends and point out what works and what doesn't. Maybe also do a roundup of the most helpful free and paid health and fitness apps.

Also, as the parent of a teenager, the postpartum exercise posts would hold no interest for me, but over-40 fitness information (workouts, fat loss after 40, etc.) sure would...so maybe have different sections of the site dedicated to different life stages for women? Hope that helps!

Last edited by ZonaMay; 06-03-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Nutrition advice, easy routines that don't need loads of equipment, could also maybe do a section about workout gear such as clothing or useful apps? Everyone loves an app these days