Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Home office

Some people I work with have made home made treadmill desk setups, and I personally am not coordinated enough to talk on the phone, type, and walk at the same time- so I'd be interested in being able to transition between sitting and standing throughout my 8 hour shift. In the meantime, I need to replace my ball chair, and I was looking at a mini- under desk elliptical, like the Stamina E1000. But I was curious, what do ya'll do you make your home office / desk space for active so you're not as sedentary during your shifts?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Home office

I don't really have an ''active office'' set up, but I make sure I keep a proper posture while sitting and I take brakes every hour or so, to stretch and walk around a little bit.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Ball chairs have always weirded me out, personally. I was going to recommend an under-desk elliptical if you weren't a big fan of the treadmill, but it seems like you've already got that in mind.

Have you looked at those Freedman Chairs? I last checked on them a couple years ago (they had a heeeeefty price tag) but they were specially designed for people who had to sit for long hours but didn't want to sacrifice mobility and posture. If you can't get a chair that simulates activity, maybe you could get a chair that at least maintains the physical state you already have?

Although I am moving soon to a space where this won't be possible, for the past year I've kept a wide open space in the room with yoga mats so that I can spontaneously get up, pace around a bit, do some yoga and stretches, and even do some squats or planks. It's easier on the feet and since there's a lot of open space you don't have to be careful to knock stuff over or otherwise get dizzy because you have to turn around too frequently. I would've definitely preferred a stationary bike or something, though.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Super WAHM

I have desk props to put my laptop and mouse on when I want to stand, and I have a cushion pad for my feet. I actually prefer standing, I am more productive, which didn't make sense to me at at first. I have more energy and able to wiggle and shift around much easier than in my chair. It takes me a couple minutes to organize my equipment from sitting to standing - I was going to look at one of the table-top platforms that raises and lowers.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Super WAHM

I bought this small bike machine so i can use it under my desk whenever I am working, it relaxes my leg muscle and helps in my posture
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 AM
Miss

Home office for 5 years. I'm single, so it's a sad life. hahaha... But anyway, I just make sure I don't overwork. You may not think about that the few months or years working at home, as years go by, you'll realize the importance of balance even if you have the comfort of working at home. Sometimes, because of that idea, you tend to overwork. When time is up, I get up and do something else, maybe a walk to the park, going out with friends, or something like that. And on weekends, I go jogging outdoors. I don't have a regular exercise on a daily basis, but that's just what I do.