Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Diets that actually work!

Hello everyone,

I am overweight! I have too small kids and I work from home, so I don't have tons of time to exercise. Are there any diets that work? Even if it's just small amounts at a time. I am looking for something healthy that can help reduce the extra weight.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Administrator

I had amazing luck with the South Beach Diet and the recipes are not hard to do. If its white... dont bite!

Bonnie
Old 06-27-2015, 03:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Eating healthy and exercising work best!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Super WAHM

21 Day Fix was a game changer for me! Learning how to eat clean, portion control, water intake & effective exercise have helped me feel so much better! Weight loss has been nice too, but I feel alive & able to live again! If I can help, let me know
Old 07-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Keto Diet

Please check out these Facebook pages...Keto Adaption and Low Carb High Fat, LCHF pages...that last page I may have wrong if so let me know. On the Keto Adaption and LCHF pages everyone is very helpful and post great recipes they have tried. Keto Diet is low carb, moderate protein and high good fat. It may sound crazy to you but it works and you aren't hungry. I have only been doing it for four months but my blood work has already improved a lot. You can have bacon, burgers, steak...you want meat with the good saturated fat on it not the lean meats. I still eat grilled chicken but I usually cook it in bacon grease...yes you need to save the bacon grease. You can cook in real butter (Kerrygold is great)...real butter is a good fat as well as coconut oil. You can eat cheese, cream cheese, or heavy whipping cream as long as dairy doesn't bother you. Of course you can't have bread or grains (any processed food) but really you won't miss them once you get started...you will feel too good to go back to eating processed crap. Keto Clarity is a good book but look at those pages I listed above and read the files they have attached at the top of their pages. Good luck...you can do it! Some people post their before and after pictures and it is pretty amazing! It is a different way of looking at food but it is the right way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origamiowlcanada View Post
Hello everyone,

I am overweight! I have too small kids and I work from home, so I don't have tons of time to exercise. Are there any diets that work? Even if it's just small amounts at a time. I am looking for something healthy that can help reduce the extra weight.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 AM
WAHM Regular

I would love to help you with this! I have been doing isagenix. I could send you some information on it. It has been the only thing that has helped me and gave me everything I needed with healthy all natural products.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
WAHM Addict

A ketogenic diet is so so healthy and there are so many clinical studies out there backing this up. Once you achieve ketosis, your body will burn fat for energy instead of carbs and you will absolutely feel the difference. Achieving ketosis through diet alone can be somewhat challenging for some people however once there the weight comes off. We have a new patented product that helps people achieve this in hours instead of several days. Either way, it's so healthy. There are many links and clinical studies on the positive effects of being in ketosis.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Super WAHM

i just reduced my food intake and im doing some home workout too.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Super WAHM

My struggles when my kids were young that I had to pay particular attention to were:
- finishing my kids food on their plates (un necessary extra calories for me)
- meals that were easy but unhealthy (like box mac-and-cheese)
- making "treats" the norm, and not the exception. Even home made cookies and desserts became very expected rather than a special treat.
- sitting on a bench while the kids played at the park or in the back yard.

I had to really push myself to do a better job being healthy myself so they'd see and learn from me. My kids really did what I did rather than listen to what I said.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Easy workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origamiowlcanada View Post
Hello everyone,

I have four kids that range in age from 10 years to eight months. The best way for me to lose weight was to just keep moving. It sounds simple but I know it's hard. On nice days I loaded the kids in the stroller and walked while they slept. I made an effort to use the stairs in my house for a step workout, even for 10 minutes, and do sit-ups, pushups, and squats during commercial breaks on TV. Bonus points if you can involve the kids. Try to add more vegetables to your diet as much as possible. Baby steps can help lead to healthier lifestyle before you know it. It's a marathon, not a sprint so stick with it and you will see results.