Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Fitness program

I am doing the 21 day fix from beach body. I only get 1200 Cal a day/ I am starving. Anyone with me?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Miss

My mom is 170+ lbs and it trimmed down to 163 last sunday. I am getting her into my program which includes diet and exercise. My mom cannot tolerate much exercise so I just let her do what she can take but then push her a little more. I would monitor her vital signs to see how her body would react to exhausting workout.

What I push hard on her is her diet. She's better at it than exercising. No white rice, only brown rice, and I have cut down all fat and carbohydrate intake. So far, so good. I am going to weigh her again at the end of this week.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:51 AM
WAHM Regular

If you are starving, you are doing it wrong! You should not be hungry when going on a diet. This is a meal plan that I use, and I am never hungry throughout the day!

QUICK RULE: Carbs are great in the morning, but not after lunch. Protein + vegetables are the best for dinner time (chicken, meat). I usually have a salad for lunch.
Also, if you find you are still hungry, you are probably not having enough protein in your meals. Add some chicken, salmon or meat to your salads to make them filling.

Meal Plan:

Breakfast Ideas:
• Breakfast Smoothie: 1 Banana, choice of fruits, almond or coconut milk, 1 teaspoon flax/chia seeds, 1 tablespoon honey, for extra thickness add a teaspoon of peanut or almond butter.
• Wheat Free Pancakes: 1 mashed banana, 2-3 eggs, teaspoon of cinnamon, teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, teaspoon of chia seeds, rolled oats, fried in avocado or coconut oil.
• Scrambled Eggs: 2-3 eggs, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, fried in avocado or coconut oil, served with turkey bacon (low sodium) and avocado slices.
• Steel Cut Oatmeal: Boil steel cut oats and add cinnamon and chia seeds. Serve with fresh berries and sweeten with raw honey.
• Banana Muffins: Follow a normal muffin recipe, but replace the butter with coconut oil, the sugar with honey, and the flour with oatmeal or almond flour. Add cinnamon and ground flaxseeds!
• Yogurt Parfait: Greek yogurt, roasted almonds and oats, table spoon of honey, cinnamon, and fresh berries.
• Breakfast Wrap: Flaxseed wrap, 1 banana, peanut butter, and drizzle honey.
• Breakfast Burrito: Scrambled egg, Sliced avocado, tomatoes, green peppers, and optional spinach.
Snack:
• Any fruit or nut
• Veggies with dip

Lunch:
• Quinoa chips and organic salsa
• Homemade guacamole and sweet potato chips
• Soup (Butternut Squash, Vegetable…)
• Couscous/Quinoa Salad and grilled chicken breast
• Sandwich made from sprouted grain bread, Swiss cheese, roasted turkey, Basil leaves, red pepper slices, avocado.
• Tuna salad: tuna, olive oil, lemon juice, red onions, celery and green peas.

Dinner Ideas:
• Salad and Seasoned chicken breast
• Rice noodle, chicken and vegetable stir fry.
• Salmon with brown rice and spinach salad
• Turkey meatballs and mashed sweet potatoes
• Seasoned Steak with roasted peppers and onions with a side of quinoa
• Chicken parmesan breaded with oat crumbs
• Soup
• Homemade Chilli
• Yam salad and tofu

Dessert Ideas:
• Dark chocolate 70% or more
• Wheat Free Brownies
• Herbal Tea
• Cake made with Spelt flour
• Apple Slices and peanut butter and cinnamon
• Oatmeal Muffins
• Frozen banana ice cream
Old 05-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Super WAHM

I was at the same calorie bracket you are when I did the 21 day fix last Feb. I wasn't starving. Are you getting all your containers in? Drinking all of your water? Eating every 3-4 hours? I just saw Autumn speak a few weeks ago & she emphasized that this isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change, a plan you can do in life, not a plan you stick to for 3 weeks. Let me know if I can help further! Great job getting started!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Great info!

QUOTE=alana.b;3253819]If you are starving, you are doing it wrong! You should not be hungry when going on a diet. This is a meal plan that I use, and I am never hungry throughout the day!

QUICK RULE: Carbs are great in the morning, but not after lunch. Protein + vegetables are the best for dinner time (chicken, meat). I usually have a salad for lunch.
Also, if you find you are still hungry, you are probably not having enough protein in your meals. Add some chicken, salmon or meat to your salads to make them filling.

Meal Plan:

Breakfast Ideas:
• Breakfast Smoothie: 1 Banana, choice of fruits, almond or coconut milk, 1 teaspoon flax/chia seeds, 1 tablespoon honey, for extra thickness add a teaspoon of peanut or almond butter.
• Wheat Free Pancakes: 1 mashed banana, 2-3 eggs, teaspoon of cinnamon, teaspoon of ground flaxseeds, teaspoon of chia seeds, rolled oats, fried in avocado or coconut oil.
• Scrambled Eggs: 2-3 eggs, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, fried in avocado or coconut oil, served with turkey bacon (low sodium) and avocado slices.
• Steel Cut Oatmeal: Boil steel cut oats and add cinnamon and chia seeds. Serve with fresh berries and sweeten with raw honey.
• Banana Muffins: Follow a normal muffin recipe, but replace the butter with coconut oil, the sugar with honey, and the flour with oatmeal or almond flour. Add cinnamon and ground flaxseeds!
• Yogurt Parfait: Greek yogurt, roasted almonds and oats, table spoon of honey, cinnamon, and fresh berries.
• Breakfast Wrap: Flaxseed wrap, 1 banana, peanut butter, and drizzle honey.
• Breakfast Burrito: Scrambled egg, Sliced avocado, tomatoes, green peppers, and optional spinach.
Snack:
• Any fruit or nut
• Veggies with dip

Lunch:
• Quinoa chips and organic salsa
• Homemade guacamole and sweet potato chips
• Soup (Butternut Squash, Vegetable…)
• Couscous/Quinoa Salad and grilled chicken breast
• Sandwich made from sprouted grain bread, Swiss cheese, roasted turkey, Basil leaves, red pepper slices, avocado.
• Tuna salad: tuna, olive oil, lemon juice, red onions, celery and green peas.

Dinner Ideas:
• Salad and Seasoned chicken breast
• Rice noodle, chicken and vegetable stir fry.
• Salmon with brown rice and spinach salad
• Turkey meatballs and mashed sweet potatoes
• Seasoned Steak with roasted peppers and onions with a side of quinoa
• Chicken parmesan breaded with oat crumbs
• Soup
• Homemade Chilli
• Yam salad and tofu

Dessert Ideas:
• Dark chocolate 70% or more
• Wheat Free Brownies
• Herbal Tea
• Cake made with Spelt flour
• Apple Slices and peanut butter and cinnamon
• Oatmeal Muffins
• Frozen banana ice cream[/QUOTE]
Old 08-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with diana, when losing weight you dont have to starve yourself. Being healthy is the best way to lose a lot of weight,and depriving yourself to eat even the healthy ones are not good.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Default weight loss supplements

Nice thread!
There is many method to lose weight. But here is the most reliable and easy method to lose weight. It is Pure Asian Garcinia weight loss supplement. It has no side-effects. Save your time and money both.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Registered WAHM

i will try.thanks
Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered WAHM

I was in the same bracket and I just lost 6lbs in 3 weeks :-) I didn't starve but I did feel like I was cutting out a lot of things I shouldn't have been eating... so it was for the best.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I wanted to lose some kilos so I'm cutting out starchy foods from my diet. It seem to be effective because I've lost more than 2 kilograms within 3 weeks.It's never ever happened to me before
However I wonder whether it is healthy diet or not?