Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Fitting Exercise into a busy day?

How do you fit exercise into you day while having a busy home based business, children, pets etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I just started jogging again a week ago. I've been off for a week because I got sick with a cold after 3 days of jogging lol. But now that I'm feeling better I will be adding in to my regular work routine. I have a contract to clean the bank in town so I walk to work, do my job then on the way home I jog a couple of laps at the high school track on my way home. Lucky for me its right by my house so I have no excuse not to go. I'll be getting back into jogging again maybe tomorrow if my lungs can handle it, or at least a walk.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Fitting Exercise into a busy day?

I use a website called DailyBurn.com. It's only $10/month and since I can do it from home or anywhere really (it works on your computer, tablet, or phone), it makes it very convenient to do when I have the most time in my day. There's literally hundreds of possible workouts from workouts for beginners (me!) to much more advanced.

It's really great and for the price it can't be beat!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Grand WAHM

do t25 its only 25 minutes a day and it will work you.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Registered WAHM

I am trying to teach my children to be active and for that reason I always go with them outside to play football, volleyball and other sports they love. My children are going to football and while they are on training I am running.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm trying to get into the habit of going to the gym three days a week. I find that with a husband, two young kids, and a full-time job, the best time for me to go is in the morning. I get it out of the way early, and I tend to feel better throughout the day.

Tazsa
Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
WAHM Regular

I am a single mother to a five year old and a freelancer who works from home. When time gets really busy, being blessed with jobs to do, I use my laptop instead of the desktop in which I could put it on a table or whatnot wherein I don't need to sit and work but instead I work standing up. I can do it for 4 hours straight, 1 hour rest and sit down for lunch or something and another 4 hours of working on the computer while standing. So, it'll be like 8 hours total. It's really not tiresome when you get used to it. And, it's better than sitting down working for long hours which you will have the tendency of slouching and getting poor posture.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Easy Ways WAHM's can burn more calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmboomer View Post
How do you fit exercise into you day while having a busy home based business, children, pets etc.
I use a stand up desk with an anti-fatigue mat while working (got it at Ikea). When I walk the dog I make it a jog or interval run/walk. Little things like that help you burn more calories during the day.

And don't stress--that can pack on pounds too.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Well, you can stay fit even while doing your daily work. Go out with you children and pets, play different sports with them. This is the best exercise.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmethe$ View Post
I use a website called DailyBurn.com. It's only $10/month and since I can do it from home or anywhere really (it works on your computer, tablet, or phone), it makes it very convenient to do when I have the most time in my day. There's literally hundreds of possible workouts from workouts for beginners (me!) to much more advanced.

It's really great and for the price it can't be beat!
I love DailyBurn! I love the variety and the trainers are great.