Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Something I heard a long, long time ago-- one hour is only 4% of your day. This was, of course, aimed at getting you to exercise an hour every day. But less than that is an even smaller chunk of your day.

I know we're all busy, but when you think about that, you might realize you can squeeze in up to half an hour a day of exercise if you try. Everyone should be able to make at least a tiny percentage of their day devoted to their own health, right? Even with kids, work, chores, and sleep. When I think "there's simply no time," I always remind myself about the 4% quote. Can you maybe get a 20 minute block to yourself at some point during your day?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered WAHM

Do it first thing in the morning! It feels SO good go get it out of the way. Some days I run outdoors, early enough to see the sun come up. Other mornings I do a free high-intensity YouTube video If you do a circuit-style workout, you can work your entire body in under 30 minutes. Yes, it's hard to get started but it's worth it. :-)
Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 AM
WAHM Addict

Well, I think you could try jogging in the morning and swimming at the weekends, in fact that's not tiring at all, as it may seem, if feel that have gained some weight, you can calculate your target heart rate zone with the help of special calculator Heart Rate Zone Calculator | Target Heart Rate Zone Calculator - Beets BLU and solve the problem, as thus your workout will be mor effective
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Registered WAHM

I do yoga, so I can still manage doing exercise 15 - 30 mins per day without having to go to the gym. It's convenient and time-saving.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

When my son was young, I used to take him to the park and set up a little circuit. We'd start off with a little warm up (walking around the park for 3-5 minutes) then we'd get started. I'd add extra stuff for me to do but he had some work to do too.
We did a lot of intervals... starting off with races for a certain amount of time then we'd head over to the monkey bars and while he was practicing his monkey bar skills, I'd be doing pull ups and ab work (holding on to bar and lifting my knees toward my chest) then we'd race a little more, sometimes we'd go over to the balance thing (not sure what it's called but it's that flat bar that you walk across) and jump over it. We had to jump for like a minute or 30 seconds and count our jumps. Whomever jumped the most won.

I am fitness trainer so I keep busy at work (but i am cutting down since I am pregnant which is why I am switching to working at home full time) but when I am home I have so much to do...we have a dog and one of the things I HAVE to do is take him out to the dog park (or else he'll go crazy whinning and won't leave me alone) so I walk 8x around the park (it's about a mile walk) and then I chase after the dog or he chases me for about 20 minutes (haha). It's a great workout for both of us.

The important thing to remember is you NEED to take time out of your busy schedule to take care of YOU! Schedule your workouts in your calender (set an alarm and when it goes off, put down what you are doing and workout)...wake up 30 minutes to an hour early (before kids get up) and pop in a exercise DVD or youtube some workouts. Or take the kids to the park...they can either do a circuit with you or while they are playing you can workout (while keeping your eye on them...do plyometrics, squats, use the monkey bars to do pull ups, etc.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Le-Vel Thrive Promoter

Arrow

I have 6 children under the age of 13 and live a very busy on the go lifestyle. I have gotten into the habit of waking up an hour before it is time to start getting the kids ready for the day to focus on me. I have noticed that by doing this it energizes my entire day. I call this my "Mommy Power Hour".
Old 01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered WAHM

I try to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week if possible. I definitely strive for at least 3 days. It's a work in progress. I used to go after work in the evening, but I found myself mentally and physically drained after a long day. I've started to go earlier in the morning before work and it seems to work much better for me. It's worth a shot. Thirty to 45 minutes is more than enough time to get a suitable workout in Good luck!