Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Super WAHM

Default Best laid plans, blah..blah..blah

I am a total slug. I set plans to get up at 6 a.m. and do my 2 mile walk every day, and I haven't done it YET! This cooler weather is killing me, because I sleep so well when it's cool. After a sweltering Florida summer and a roommate who *****es constantly about the power and keeps the air on 84, I did not get much sleep at all. Now that the nighttime temps are in the 50-60's my body just doesn't want to wake up!

How do you force yourself to do what you need to do? I am so ashamed of myself, because I had this great plan...yeah, right.

I'm going to try again tomorrow. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Grand WAHM

I can relate. I just try and force myself. Force yourself enough times and it becomes a habit.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
WAHM Regular

My biggest struggle is the time between my alarm going and hitting the snooze button. I can think of a lot of excuses in those few min to not get up. I have found once I'm up I'm fine and feel so much better after I exercise. I set small goals and small rewards. I started with just a few days of the week and now get up early 5 days. I think about my sleep in days as a reward. Good luck and I hope you can do it!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Health and Business Coach

Get a workout buddy! I know that always helps me on days when I don't feel like getting out of better. It's a lot harder to not do it when someone else is counting on you!

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 AM
WAHM Addict

Im self-motivated and I just get up and do it!I get up at 5am in the mornings to run.Its not easy,however its the only time I can get to work out.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Just thinking about how great it makes me feel after I workout is all I need to get me motivated most of the time Sometimes though, I need a little extra "push"...I try to find every excuse in the world to NOT workout. It's totally normal and try not to beat yourself up over it. Try again tomorrow