Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohlfs View Post
And, learning what to eat, when to eat, portion control, water consumption and how to exercise effectively.

YES! YES! YES! I wish I had learned what to eat, and portion control before I went off to college and packed on the pounds from all the junk food and all-you-can-enjoy dining hall buffets.

Now I attempt to drink 1 gallon of water a day (up til about 5 years ago I hated water), get in lots of whole grains, berries & greens, and really strive to 86 the carbs later in the day and get in protein instead. That being said, at 30 it is a pain to lose what I gained; I never thought I would love the burn I feel in my muscles following a good workout though
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2014, 01:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Hey there !

My name is Verner and I'm a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach located in San Francisco.

I train and coach a handful of clients here in the Bay Area, and have helped them achieve (and maintain) their weight loss and health goals. But now I want to figure out a way to help even more people, not just in my neighborhood.

Here's where you come in.

If you're interested in weight loss (or muscle gain, better diet habits, meal plans, workout routines, etc.) and are open to 1-on-1 online training and coaching on how to hit your personal health and fitness goals, then this is for you, no matter where in the world you're located.

I'm looking for 10 (committed) people to help me with a 30-Day health and fitness project where I will be coaching and training you on how to reach your health goals. With daily and weekly touch bases via email, Skype, phone calls, whatever you're comfortable with, I will provide tips, advice, meal plans, and workout routines tailored to YOU and YOUR specific goals!

Email me if you're interested and I would love to kick-start this journey to helping you be the best version of you! (<---cheesy, but true.)

email: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Verner Dixon

P.S. Here is a video I shot last week discussing 1 small change you can make in your diet today that can make a drastic difference in your ability to lose weight.

Check it out here: This Small Change Can Make A Big Difference : Body-Toned

Last edited by Verner Dixon; 10-10-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Barragan View Post
Start off slow. I think a common mistake when people are starting out and trying to lose a great deal of weight is to take on too much. What happens is you burn yourself out really quickly.

Start off slow. Research...meaning find out what type of fitness you'd really be interested in. Zumba? Walking? Jogging? Dance? Weights?

Fitness/Working out doesn't have to be a chore. Find something that you'll enjoy doing and you'l find yourself sticking to it.

Once you find a fitness routine start off with maybe 15 minutes for the first few days and slowly increase.

If you start getting bored make sure to just switch it up rather than give up.

Good luck!
Nice and very informative reply