Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Paleo?

Is anyone on the board following the paleo lifestyle? I have been for over 3 years now.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
WAHM Master

I did consider giving it a try. I've had some issues that I feel just may be caused by gluten, but not sure. I just don't think I can give up potatoes & legumes! I don't think I would miss wheat much, but brown rice and the beans & potatoes I don't know that I can let go. I've ready many amazing stories of healing on Paleo, though. What benefits have you felt, if you don't mind me asking. It obviously works well for you if you've been doing it this long.

Jenn
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Jenn,

I recommend reading Loren Cordain's book, "The Paleo Answer, 7 days to Lose Weight," because it explains why these foods are not really healthy for us based on our ancestral blueprint. I do not miss grains or legumes at all. I eat proteins, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Recently, I gave up all dairy (except for butter) because my skin was breaking out. The only dairy I was consuming was cheese and it was causing my skin to go crazy, which is not good when your face is an advertisement for your business. I also had some aches and pains that I thought were attributed to age. Guess what? These aches went way as well. It is amazing to me that even a limited consumption of cheese was causing so many issues.

If you eliminate foods gradually, it makes the process easier. For many of us in the Paleo community, we are always adjusting our diets depending on how we feel.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I have considered trying it as well. I think I need to do more research on it first before i decide to make the commitment.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:01 PM
WAHM Regular

I follow (or try to for the most part anyway) the Primal diet, which is very similar to Paleo. It is AWESOME!

I love it, and highly recommend it to everyone!

Michael
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Highly recommend it! My son did it and lost a ton of weight from it. You have to be very strict on it though, but we decided to test out how healthy he was at a doctors and they were surprised to find that he was in perfect shape. He is 19 and the doctor literally stated that there is nothing wrong and his diet is extremely healthy. Don't worry about eating too much meat, it is all good. Cavemen did it back then and people think that they died from it yet they forget about the lack of education, medicine, war between tribes, animals, nature, etc.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Super WAHM

I have recently started having issues with Dairy and gluten so I have been looking up paleo recipes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Our family is Paleo and we LOVE it! I have lost all of my pregnancy weight plus 10 pounds in 6 months PP. I feel so much better.

Have you made Paleo fudge?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

A friend of mine has been on the paleo diet for a year or so. She has lost about 95lbs!!! That is a whole person. She is doing great and is still on the diet. It is a lifestyle choice for her and it works. She feels so much better and has more energy. She isn't at her target weight yet but she is getting there.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 AM
WAHM Regular

I have looked into eating a paleo diet for the last year. I have some allergies and this diet fit it perfectly. I then fell off the wagon and started eating junk again. Since sept. I have been following a paleo diet and feel amazing. I have so much more energy and have dropped almost 15 lbs. My husband now says he wants to join in. I'm trying to incorporate for the family and having 2 young boys on the go makes it challenging. We are just slowing incorporating. I figure that is better then nothing. It's the quick meal for the kids thats the hardest before they head out to sports practice.
any help would be great on recipes and such