Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Default dsds

Iost all my baby weight....I had twins 18 months ago.I am happy to say I am back tk my pre pregnancy size.However I think excercise and nutrition work well together.I am a runner so some days I fel I eat more lol
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

Eating right is like anything. Developing a habit and breaking old habits!

My husband is an airline pilot, and on the days/nights he is gone, it is SO easy for me to stick to what I know is best for me - small meals every 2-3 hours, with no BIG meals like we are traditionally raised with. When he gets home, I have to be very disciplined to stick with my routine.

It's hard to sit down to dinner with the family with a small plate of food, but I do most of the time, or I make a huge salad, covering my plate (hee hee) and then it looks like more, and no one makes a comment.

But, at the same time, I am role modeling for them that I am committed to my health, and what I know is best overall. My daughter gets it and also has adopted it!

It's hard to make those shifts, but really, all GREAT things in life are hard!

Cheers to a fit, healthy and wealthy New Year!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I completely agree with you. I remember when I was 19 years old and overweight. My first serious attempt at losing weight consisted of going to the track everyday for an hour. I wasn't much of a runner but I walked/ jogged and ran up and down bleachers. Afterwards, my husband would take me out for dinner at Jack N the Box. My fridge at home was full of those pizza wraps...can't remember the name of them, and Dr. Pepper. We normally ate out. Although I was working out every day for an hour, I was still getting fatter! I could not understand why. I seriously didn't understand how food affected my body. I did not know anything about portion size. I thought that if I worked out that would be enough but obviously it wasn't. It wasn't until my husband went out of town for 6 months for training that I stopped eating out so much and started cooking food at home. The weigh literally melted off and it was then that I realized that I had to balance both eating right and working out in order to lose weight. I lost over 35 lbs in 4 months and have kept the weight off for 16 years.
So, yes, eating right is a HUGE part of losing weight but exercising is necessary to keep your bones healthy, to make you stronger, and to build muscle which burns more calories.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

Nutrition is KEY. As many people say, you cannot "out train" a bad diet.

I've been taking bootcamp classes, which I love, but did not start seeing impressive results until I got my nutrition on point.

Stick to the 80/20 rule and you'll get there!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
WAHM Addict

Nutrition is important.I really have been really sidetracking lately with eating out.I have always been the type to cook healthy meals at home but sometimes its not always an option.Working on fixing it.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 AM
WAHM Regular

A combination of both is incredibly important! Not that you wont lose weight at first if you change your diet but eventually you will hit a plateau and unless you increase your activity it will be really hard to continue to lose the weight. Even if you just go for walks or something easy rather than doing a crazy workout every little bit helps! On the other hand if you just exercise but eat things that are horrible for you chances are you wont really lose!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
WAHM Addict

Nutrition is HUGE. I focus on my recovery and muscle building plan so that I can exercise more often and more intense. I can recover in about 12 hours and soreness is pretty minimal.

It is fascinating for me to see how much more energy and endurance I have compared to others who have been doing this way longer than I have, not to say that two years ago I was a total invalid. The whole realization hit me the other day and it made me cry.

The right nutrition is key. Your body is the master carpenter. Your nutrition is the material. Your master carpenter cannot be expected to build a beautiful palace if you only give him materials from the junk heap.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
WAHM Regular

I think it's finding balance. Nutrition and exercise are equally important, but it's also reducing stress. If you put too much pressure to ALWAYS do the right thing, the stress can actually counter the "right thing"! Give yourself a break once in a while, and keep focusing on the things you do right when you do them.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Industry wise we accept diet as 2/3's of weight loss success. That being said, exercise is also incredibly important for cardiovascular health, bone density, muscle mass and even reducing certain diseases. Exercising without dieting however, is somewhat like spinning your wheels . Remember, it's about lifestyle change and not fad ups and downs, slow and steady wins the race.
Best,

Personal Trainer Los Angeles - Hollywood
Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Exercise will get you toned... so it is very important too, but you can't out exercise a bad diet, that's for sure!