Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Lose the Wheat

Hey everyone. I recently received a brochure in the mail to stop eating wheat products and how if you did you could lose weight. Some people do not do well with wheat products and can not lose weight by eating whole grains.A doctor wrote the book that I sent after and explains that wheat has been genetically altered through the years in an effort to feed more people. Our family has eaten this way for a few weeks now. My youngest son has lost around 13 pounds since we have started this so he seems to be benefitting from trying it. I hope he can continue to lose weight since diabetes and heart disease run in my family. Of course it seems like if you want to eat healthier, one drawback is it will probably cost more. However, I look at it at a different perspective, either pay for it now or later through medical bills and most importantly with a loved ones life.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Super WAHM

Whole grains are helping lots of people lose weight but I feel it is all about moderation with anything that is "bad" for you. What doesn't help some people may hurt others but we must find what works for us.

There are some doctors that create products that don't really help either so just because someone is a doctor does always mean they are credible. This isn't to discredit anything you said just saying this because there are so many people confused on what to eat because of the many circles and contradicting information out there.

My philosophy on eating healthy and losing weight is that I will try my best to reduce as much bad things as possible but I will not live in a bubble. The only way to really know if something is good for you if you grow it yourself.

Great that it is working for your son! And let us know what changes you realize from eliminating wheat from your diet
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm reading a book called "Wheat Belly" and it talks about giving up wheat and how it directly affects weight loss! Check it out, it's a really good book!