Anyone else do strength training & weights?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been doing strength training and lifting weights. I am loving it! I dont even mess with cardio. Does anyone else do this???
  • I do both while at the gym 3x a week.
  • I still do cardio but I love weights! Strong is the new sexy! Lol
  • Strength training is my favorite!
  • Thanks for the information....
  • I used to! I miss it like crazy but am having a go at that Insanity program I did one round but stuffed the end up with moving so have started again and am now 1 1/2 weeks in.... but it's not the same I miss weights and I never bulked up which I feared was going to happen hahaha
  • Quote: I have been doing strength training and lifting weights. I am loving it! I dont even mess with cardio. Does anyone else do this???
    Yes, I have been using weights for 20 years and I also walk, practice yoga( though not as much anymore) and sometimes cardio.
    For women my age( 40+), it's especially important to keep that lean muscle mass by lifting some weights or resistance bands.
  • Strength training is great. Try doing a full body circuit workout and you'll really feel great!
  • I do cardio because it helps to burn extra calories and fat and I do weights for toning
  • I love doing strength training - muscles are sexy! I used to be a fitness competitor but now find myself struggling to fit time out to go to the gym with a two month old son.

Tags

strength training, weights