Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Super WAHM

Default What is your favorite healthy snack?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and I have started planning what I will be eating after the baby gets here since I will be super busy .

So far I know I will try to eat scrambled eggs on whole wheat tortilla maybe every other morning, and snack mostly on fruits during the day.

What are your favorite healthy snacks and quick meals?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Registered WAHM

My favorite Snack is
SALAD and SANDWICH,,,
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 AM
WAHM Master

I love the new cracker/chip from special k.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
WAHM Regular

As a health coach for pregnant Mamas, I love that you are looking for healthy snacks to nourish yourself once your little one gets here! Good for you!!

Quickly, some of my easy favorites: nuts and seeds, fruit, veggies like carrot sticks or easily washed celery, you can add natural or organic PB to apples and celery for a protein boost, you can get a big package of organic salad or spinach for a quick meal, especially if you use it with a whole grain wrap or tortilla, you can use 2 wraps and some cheese spinach/beans/lentils for easy quesadillas. The possibilities are endless!

If you need more guidance, ideas or support as you head into the home stretch, experience your joyful birth and transition into the '4th trimester' just send me a PM Remember, it is SO important to take care of you right now and in those first weeks and months. If you get burnt out, you won't be your best to take care of your babe, especially if you plan on nursing. Best of luck!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malea View Post
I love the new cracker/chip from special k.
I saw that there was one. Do you have a favorite flavor?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantHealth View Post
As a health coach for pregnant Mamas, I love that you are looking for healthy snacks to nourish yourself once your little one gets here! Good for you!!

Quickly, some of my easy favorites: nuts and seeds, fruit, veggies like carrot sticks or easily washed celery, you can add natural or organic PB to apples and celery for a protein boost, you can get a big package of organic salad or spinach for a quick meal, especially if you use it with a whole grain wrap or tortilla, you can use 2 wraps and some cheese spinach/beans/lentils for easy quesadillas. The possibilities are endless!

If you need more guidance, ideas or support as you head into the home stretch, experience your joyful birth and transition into the '4th trimester' just send me a PM Remember, it is SO important to take care of you right now and in those first weeks and months. If you get burnt out, you won't be your best to take care of your babe, especially if you plan on nursing. Best of luck!!

Thanks for your many suggestions I love carrot sticks and celery and my whole pregnancy I have been eating about 80-90% healthy way more than my other 2 pregnancies lol I snack on a lot of fruits and want to start with some newer recipes and ideas. Thanks for your offering your help
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita R. Harvey View Post
My favorite Snack is
SALAD and SANDWICH,,,
What is your favorite sandwich? I love chicken salad sandwiches.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Grand WAHM

• I love all food (no red meats though) chicken, fish and turkey burger. Love snacks just use portion control If I want cake I eat a piece not the entire thing.I don't deprive myself that's not a lifestyle change for me.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jacobs View Post
  • I love all food (no red meats though) chicken, fish and turkey burger. Love snacks just use portion control If I want cake I eat a piece not the entire thing.I don't deprive myself that's not a lifestyle change for me.
I am the same way. I occasionally eat pork loin since its less fat but I try to stay away from red meats too. I have a day where I "cheat" or have occasional cheat meals. You are absolutely right there is no way someone like myself could say I will never eat sweets a day in my life again.

I try to snack on fruits a lot too.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm 29 weeks pregnant so I've been thinking about this a lot as well. Some of my favorites:

Whole grain crackers and sharp cheddar cheese cubes served with green apple slices
Greek yogurt mixed with granola
Whole-grain cereal with milk
Pita chips and cut up veggies with hummus
Refried beans and diced bell peppers spread on a whole-wheat tortilla, rolled up and heated; serve with salsa and guacamole for dipping
Apple slices with peanut butter

These are just a few of my favorites; I'm loving snacks, especially now that I'm pregnant and I don't have room for big meals!