Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered WAHM

I've been going to the gym every other day, so I'm trying to keep track of my calorie intake. I've come to a conclusion of 1,500-2,000 calories per day is a good amount for my body.

To mix things up a bit, I think I might try the deli creations flatbread sandwich for lunch, since their flavors, fiesta chicken quesadilla and basil parmesan chicken are both under 350 calories.

What do you guys eat to maintain your calorie count?

Edited by: 360DegreeMa
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 AM
WAHM Addict

My caloric range is the same as yours. I basically cut out bread, sugar and pasta. Instead of having a sandwich, I'll use a low carb whole wheat tortilla or "Flat Out."

I stick to lean proteins, and produce. If my calories dip a little too low I just add a tablespoon or 2 of olive or coconut oil to one of my meat meals and that gets me going again.

I was following a lower carb plan but have worked up to a low glycemic plan instead.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM
WAHM Addict

My calorie intake is between 1200 and 1500 each day. I love my carbs so I've made some other adjustments. For example, I eat grain bagles that are only 110 calories each. I eat sugar, but I try for only every other day. At worst, once per day.

I try to do those things earlier in the day and not have carbs or sugars for dinner.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

I try to stick to around 1200 calories a day, but doesn't always work! I have recently been learning more aboutFood Induced Thermogenesis (FITworks), where certain foods actually help burn fat! Also, by eating 5-6 meals a day and drinking plenty of water, it helps to keep the body metabolizing.
Here is a list of top thermogenic foods:

Cayenne Pepers
Salsa
Hot Peppers
Chili Sauce/Mustard
Ice Water
Grean Tea (cold or hot)
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Cabbage
Celery
Brussel Sprouts
Lemon
Vinagrette Dressing
Apples
Grapefuit
Berries (low glycemic)
Fish
Soup
Oatmeal
Pumpernickel Bread

Helps to reduce fat deposits, rid body of toxins and keep body in fat metabolizing mode! Who wants some peppers?!!
Edited by: ItWorks! 4 Me
Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 AM
WAHM Addict

I am supposed to be eating between 1500-1600 calories, but I really have to force myself which I have never had to do in my life. I am following a plan called First Place 4 Health. I like it because nothing is really off limits, it teaches you how to make healthier choices by choosing wholesome food choices for yourself. It's based on the diabetic exchange which is good for pretty much everyone.

ETA:
Oh yeah, I forgot the good part! I lost 7 pounds already...Edited by: lolah
Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Mine ranges between 1600-2000... maybe more some days. The thing is,I really do dislike (with a passion) counting calories because of m OCD tendecies. So, i've stopped counting for now and I just eat when i'm hungry and stop when i'm satisfied. When i DO record my food inmy food log, 1600-2000 is the usual range. Also, I try to eat "other" carbs ONLY after a strenous workout because science & research has shown that this is when you're body is able to use them properly & better.

Here is a glimpse of what I eat: http://vphealthandfitness.com/my-food-choices

Have a GREAT day!

~ VilmaEdited by: veperez
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered WAHM

My range is 1500-1600 calories a day. I could go lower to lose fat quicker, but I've discovered going lower makes me a bit unpleasant to be around. So, I've decided to go slower to keep friends and family around! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I try to focus on lean protein, vegetables, fruit, wheat bread and crackers with fiber in them. I battle a constant sweet tooth in the afternoon, so I've started eating half of a protein bar (without a lot of sugar) to try and meet that need.

Edited by: mistressco
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Wow, thanks for all your responses! I seriously thought I was the only one on this 'journey'

Ah, carbs...I just can't live without them! As long as I burn the calories from them, so they'll even out, I think I might just maintain it. Oh man, I'm already craving a deli creations turkey monterey sandwich that only take a minute or less to heat up.

Do you drink 32 oz of water a day? I heard for some women, it makes them feel/look bloated.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

Carbs are not bad to eat if you are exercising-they are easier to burn than protein and your body needs them so don't feel bad about eating them! Making good carb choices is important-staying away from the candy and junk and eating whole grains, brown rice, etc . . . but carbs aren't bad foods for your body. In fact they are easiest to burn so if you are exercising you'll lose weight easier by eating carbs in your diet than by going on a low or no carb diet.

I eat between 2200-3000 calories a day because of the amount of cardio I do each day. This count varies some-right now I'm training for a marathon so I'm on the high end of this spectrum, but in between races I cut back some though since I still do long distance runs on the weekend I generally don't cut back too much. I just try to make sure that I am maintaining my weight and I increase if I need to.

I hate calorie counting! I used sparkpeople for a while and it helped but I'm too lazy to do it everyday. I just try to eat good foods, lean protein (no red meat), lots of beans and nuts, lots of veggies and fruits, pastas, etc and stay away from processed foods and sugar/junk food, which always makes me feel tired!

I drink a lot of fluids each day, don't know if it is that much though!