Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:43 AM
WAHM Master

Just a quick note to say that I could use some input. I'm feeling defeated and could use some input and encouragement.

I haven't filled out rate your plate for a few days but I am still keeping my food journal. Just not getting around to post a lot.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hey Angie! You'll be alright! I just posted up a comment on your blog. I hope it is helpful!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
WAHM Master

Most definitely helpful, as always, Vilma! I appreciate you taking the time to help me through it. And thanks to those of you who also posted. I'm thinking that depending on how I feel Saturday morning, I might try spin but then again, I may just take a week to rest my knee, do some upper body stuff and then ease back into other workouts (no Turbo Kick/Jam for at least 3-6 weeks). We'll see!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hey Angie,

Hang in there! I know it is discouraging to be injured. But there are so many options for you.

I don't know the extent of your injury but I also have knees problems. The cartilige in my knee is very thin. Some things I have done to help allievate the problem is taking Glucosamine Chrodroitin (sp?). It takes a couple of months to build up in your system but works very well for your joints. Also, building the muscles around your knee will help to stabalize it...especially when you are doing kicks. This has worked wonders for me. I used to could not do kick classes either but am a kicking machine now. So, I recommend doing some resistance training to build those muscles. That will also help you burn fat.

Whatever you do, don't give up!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:39 AM
WAHM Addict

Praying for a speedy recovery Angie! I posted a note on your blog too, hope it was helpful. Above all listen to your body!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hang in there Angie, we are all pulling for you[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Great advice Nicole!

Coni

Old 10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
WAHM Master

Thanks so much everyone. It looks like I won't be returning to Turbo Kick but I have not let that get me down. Maybe one day but not anytime soon that is for sure. Taking a week off and then easing back in to things. Going to have hubby bring me home the gym class list to see what else I might do during the week (I'm not going to the gym this weekend. Boo hoo!)

I'll check back in soon.

Edited by: angienewton
Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

Angie,

Just went to your blog and Wow you have accomplished so much! I am sure it is due to your wonderful spirit and determination!

I agree with so many of the posts...stay off of it is probably ideal, but I know the aggravation of your mind and willpower wanting one thing and your body telling you another. It kind of interferes with the positive mindset for sure.

I would try somethng slow as others have suggested just to keep moving, but really listen to how your body is responding. Walking, stationary bike, and definitely strength training. If the cycling is uncomfortable..dont push it. Try every other day or so. Swimming would be great! The important thing it has to be something convenient.

Have you thought about sauna therapy or foot baths? These have helped me tremendously as well as body wraps and detoxification for relieving stress and pain and providing energy (which can help if you start getting low in spirit and need a boost!). Also, just sticking to eating well. Our body mind and spirit is definitely one isn't it?! Also, listen to positive music as much as you can!

You are doing so well, and your spirit will be even stronger when you get on the other side of this! Edited by: ItWorks! 4 Me
Old 10-12-2008, 07:32 PM
WAHM Master

Rita,
Thank you for your encouragement! I truly appreciate it. I have never heard of sauna therapy or really foot baths either. I have heard about body wraps and they sound interesting but I doubt I have the patience for those LOL

Positive music is a great idea!

Thanks again[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
WAHM Master

Update:

I posted a little update about my situation on today's weekly workout blog post.

I feel much better but cry almost every time I think about the high possibility of never doing Turbo Kick or even Turbo Jam again. Starting next week (I can start working out again on Sat. if I feel better), I need to make up approx. 1200 calories that I would have burned in 2 Turbo Kick classes. Yikes! I could possibly add one more day of Spin and then I have to kick butt the rest of the week to make up the rest.

Thanks to all of you for listening[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Edited by: angienewton