Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
WAHM Addict

Wondering how long this takes you:

50 reps- Ab Coaster
50 stability ball crunches
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM
WAHM Master

I have never really counted but I would guess about 5-7 min. or so for both.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Audrey!
I use my stability ball for my crunches and I do them in increments of 20. 20 usually takes me about a minute, so 50 would be 2.5 minutes.

For maximum results, I do 20, then'rest' 30 seconds, then20 again, then 'rest', and so on and so forth.That way you can keep form andbuild strength without exhausting yourself.

I'm a bit fan of core exercises and strength training. I love lifting weightsthat helps tone me up.

If you've never tried a stability disc, they work just as well with doing crunches with a stability ball.

I subscribe to Muscle Fitness because I like strength training and they have some excellent training program tips.

My regimine includes, 15 minutes of core training everyday. 45 minutes of cardio every other day and 45 minutes of strength training 3 days a week.

I'm ready to finish losing the last 10 lbs and it's hard but I'm gonna do it!

Oh, by the way you can find Muscle Fitness Hers at: http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/

Happy training.

Edited by: crystalpeace
Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Going to totally disagree with Gina here. I'm a personal trainer and went to school. Just want to give a little back ground that I did not just buy my degree online. lol

Your core is made to go the distance. You should be doing sets of well over 20. BUT, the problem is that most people stick to one workout and keep at it. It will get easy after just a few weeks.

While other muscles you should change your work out about every 8-12 weeks, abs are more like 6-8 and you should not be doing the same workout each day.

Abs are meant to work everyday because we use them every day. So they adapt quickly.

Unless you can afford a trainer, then here is my rule of thumb to push it. You go until you can't and then you do 5 more. 20 crunches in a row is nothing for those that have been working out regularly. Every set should push you.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:24 AM
WAHM Master

Thanks for the info Val!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Gina, I hope I didn't come off all preachy and holier than though. That is not me in anyway shape or form. It's difficult for me to write up what I tell people every day and not have it come across that way. I've known Angie a long time online and she'll vouch for me. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

If you are down to your last 10 pounds I highly recommend getting Jillian Michael's "Making the Cut" book. It is 30 days mapped out for you. The workouts kick serious butt and your body will not know what hit it. lol There is also 3 diet plans to choose from depending on how you answer the quiz. All of them are good plans, not some "delete all of _____ out of your diet and then gain the weight back when you start eating it again" diet. lol Edited by: busymomma
Old 09-05-2008, 06:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello BusyMomma,

I'm so glad there is a personal trainer here in the forum. I didn't think it came across preachy at all. I'm not a personal trainer, but I do have one. and I apologize if I came across in any way as an "expert", please forgive me if I did.

My answer was more along the lines of answering the question of how long does it take to do 50 crunches on a stability ball (I love those, better than doing crunches on the floor).

And if my answer came across as a "here's what you should do", eek, again, by no means did I intend it to come across that way. I just wanted to share how long it tookme and what resources I use. And my 3 days of strength training are with my trainer because I don't want to hurt myself. The rest I do on my own. Plus those last 10 lbs are just to get me to a healthy size.

May I also say Val, the expertise and inspiratoin that you provide as a personal trainer, I truly admire! Thank you for recommending Jillian Michael's book. I'm sure it's great.

As for me, my trainer provides enough versatility to keep me moving toward my goal. It's the best I've felt all my life and I'm not "skinny" but I'm down to a size 8 from a size 16, eating healthy, much more active and just happy I took the plunge intoproper nutrition and exercise. I'm petite so a size 6 will be just right for me.

(I've started running and I soooooo love it!)

One thing I forgot to mention is that I spoke with my Dr before I started exercising because I have asthma. And can I say, the medicine she put me on has been the BEST! I have not had one asthma attack during my exercising, what a relief! And she is so proud of me, my bad cholesterol has gone down and my good cholesterol has gone up and my blood pressure is just right. It feels ggg ooooooo d.

Ok, then, gotta go. Very nice Busy Momma Wellness blog Val! Thanks so much for your post.
Have a great weekend everyone...

~Gina
Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Well I'm glad I didn't come off harsh. No, I didn't think you did at all, but after rereading my post I was worried I came off not as I meant to. So nuff said we're good. lol

Awesome that you have a trainer. No worries then you don't need the book. lol Although I do have to say all of her insight at the back of the book on different suppliments was cool.

So glad you didn't use asthma as an excuse not to get going. Congrats on the numbers being down on your cholesterol!

Who wants to be "skinny" EWWWWW, we got curves cause they are hot. Healthy and happy is what I shoot for with my clients.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM
WAHM Regular

I have to send you a hug!

And you're right, I didn't want Asthma to be another excuse. You know I just came to a point where I said, enough is enough, I'm going to the gym. Then my husband joined me and purchased the training for us both. He's not working out with me any more but I found some coworkers there that are pretty consistent so it's definitely nice to have that additional "accountability" with them.

You know if I say "I'll see you at the gym" and I don't show up, I hear about it!lol But I like it, feels like we're supporting eachother by being there together, even if we're doing different activities.

I'm finally at the point where I like my curves. I think that attitude toward my body helps keep me motivated to keep activetoo. Here's to healthy and happy!

Have a great day and see you in the posts...

~g
Old 09-06-2008, 06:00 AM
Super WAHM

Val,

Just wanted to chime in and say I appreciate what you said. It's nice to hear from anyone about what works for them and what doesn't but you give sound advice and I'm going to check out the book you recommend b/c I am down to my last 10 -15 pounds and while I work out regularly I've noticed that my weight loss has slowed down and is over the past couple of weeks I've been bouncing up and down with the same 1 - 2 pounds. It's time for me to jump off that plateau (even though 2 weeks isn't all that long) and get back to losing the rest of the weight.

Well, I've got my workout clothes on, so I'm going to post this, put the sneakers on, and head to the gym :-)