Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Super WAHM

Hi everyone,

I am looking into purchasing some workout DVD's to use at home, mainly for toning, especially abs and butt, but also just overall body. I seem to manage to get my cardio workouts done no matter what. I have a gym in the development where I live so I can always get an hour to use the elliptical or the treadmill. But when life gets busy and I can't go to the toning classes I like at my gym, my toning and weights workouts fall through the cracks.

I've NEVER worked out with a DVD before and I need something to show me what to do and to push me to do that extra set or do more than I do on my own.

SO....I am looking for recommendations from those of you that use DVD's. Tamilee Webb (yes, the buns of steel lady) was recommended to me. Ifound her latest DVD onamazon.com and managed to spend way too much time reading reviews of her and others' DVD's and came away more confused than ever.What do you think of her? Also, what about Jillian Michaels? What other suggestions do you have for great DVD's that are easy to do and will get me toned up to complement the cardio I am already doing.

One more thing, I do have 3 lb and 5 lb weights and that's pretty much the only "equipment" I have at home.

THANK YOU!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 07:06 AM
WAHM Master

Hi Lisa,

I really love Slim-in-6. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet (keep finding myself having to re-start due to this & that!), but I can tell you...It WILL work your butt! I could hardly sit for a couple days when I first started. I find it to be a great overall workout...and I've never beena huge dvd workout fan!

Hope that helps!
Jenn
Old 09-01-2008, 09:28 AM
WAHM Addict

Hey girl! I love love love Tubo Jam! Also 10 Minute Trainer when you're pressed for time. Chalene (the creator of Turbo Jam) will be coming out with a program called "Chalene Extreme" next month. I'm super excited about that!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 AM
WAHM Master

I Slim-in-6 as well! For someone just starting out, that would be my first suggestion. Also, the same person who does SI6 (Debbie Siebers - the squat and lunge queen ) also has a Slim Series package w/6 dvds, and alsoSlim Series Express. Slim Series Express is quick 1/2 hour workouts and I found I was able to burn a TON of calories with those and thereis 1 dvd in the pack dedicated to abs that are 6 minute workouts.The Slim Series' workouts are longer, like 45 minutes to an hour, depending on which video you choose, and of course lots of ab workouts in those too.

Good luck finding something!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
I love love love Tubo Jam! Also 10 Minute Trainer when you're pressed for time. Chalene (the creator of Turbo Jam) will be coming out with a program called "Chalene Extreme" next month. I'm super excited about that!!!
I agree with Kassandra!

I have been consistently doing Turbo Jam 5-6 days a week for over 2 months now. All I know is I havegone from weighing 188 pounds to 172 pounds! I have also dropped from a size 14 to almost a size 10! It works! Especially if youfollow the eating plan that comes with the workouts and on beachbody.com.

I also have the 10-Minute Trainer. I haven't done it yet, but I willprobably start using it when I am really short on time.

I, too, amreally excited for Chalene Johnson's"ChaLEAN Extreme" workouts to come out next month!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

If you're just starting out with exercise videos, another guru I suggest is Kathy Smith. She is pretty thorough when it comes to covering safety and performance tips. And she has people exercising at different levels in her videos, so you always have someone to follow. A google search should bring up her DVDs--she has a lot!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I knew you would all have some ideas to help me!! Keep 'em coming if there are any more you'd recommend