Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

So I have been feeling sluggish lately. I thought it was just life - kids, working out, working . . .

I posted about this on a blog and someone mentioned that it could be dehydration, so I read through one of my personal trainer manuals and read that you should drink 7-10 oz of liquid for every 10-20 min of exercise,and if you lose more than one pound during your workout then you are losing too much liquid. Knowing there was no way I drank that much liquid, I upped my intake this week and I cut back my coffee.

This morning I REALLY felt a difference. In fact this week I've felt much more energetic as well. SO, just wanted to put this out there, with so many of working out int he heat. Make sure you are drinking enough liquid and weigh yourself before and after if you aren't sure! It's really important and can definitely effect not only your workout but the rest of your day as well!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

My water intake has decreased lately. When life gets busy, it's one of the first things I skimp on. Thanks for the reminder.

Glad your energy's back up! Run, mama, run.[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Super WAHM

I keep half literbottles of water in my car and drink them when I'm driving and out and about. When I work out I bring two half-liter bottles with me and usually finish both during my cardio. If not, I finish them after I'm done with my workout. And sometimes I'll refill one or both from the water fountain and either drink them while I amgetting dressed(I often shower andget dressed at the gym) or bring them with me to drink when driving wherever I am going after the gym. This helps me make sure I get plenty of water each day.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Super WAHM

I keep half literbottles of water in my car and drink them when I'm driving and out and about. When I work out I bring two half-liter bottles with me and usually finish both during my cardio. If not, I finish them after I'm done with my workout. And sometimes I'll refill one or both from the water fountain and either drink them while I amgetting dressed(I often shower andget dressed at the gym) or bring them with me to drink when driving wherever I am going after the gym. This helps me make sure I get plenty of water each day.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM
WAHM Addict

I drink more when doing cardio then when I'm on the weight machines. I usually drink 6-8 ounces during cardio workouts and only 2-4 ounces during a weight machine routine.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have made a great effort this week to take in more water, and it has definitely helped my energy level. I told my girlfriend, she's doing the same thing and noticing the same thing. I also cut out one cup of coffee a day, so I'm only having two in the morning. I thought I would feel sluggish in the afternoon without that shot of java but I really don't.