Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Do you work out the same time every day?

Do you stick with the same foods (generally speaking) or do you mix them up?

Do you eat your meals the same time every day?

If you hit a plateau what do you do to rev up the burn?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneVoice
Do you work out the same time every day?

Do you stick with the same foods (generally speaking) or do you mix them up?

Do you eat your meals the same time every day?

If you hit a plateau what do you do to rev up the burn?
Well, with my hectic schedule being the way that it is... I just workout when ever I can fit in the time. I love to workout in the morning though... it's gets my day off to a great start and I don't have to worry about it when I get home. If I don't get to workout in the morning, then I workout really late at night before going to bed.

I generally do stick with the same foods. I don't mind it. If I do go off balance it only happens when I go out to eat or something.

I also try new dishes and plates, mostly for my husband because he is not like me and likes to try new things.

I do try and eat at about the same time everyday. Breakfast at 7:30 or 8 am, snack at about 10, lunch at 12 or 1 pm, snack at 3 or 4 pm, dinner at 6 or 7 pm and then if i'm still hungry, I will eat a protein rich snack before 9 pm.

Hitting plateau's are really hard. When that happens, I try to re-evaluate what I'm putting in my mouth 1st... if that is clean then I mix my workouts and do something different.

hope this helps....

~ VilmaEdited by: veperez
Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

I work out and eat at the same time each day. I also eat about the same thing everyday as far as breakfast (oatmeal) and lunch (salad or sandwich) goes. Dinner is usually vegetarian or chicken or fish for me, along with some type of potato and veggie. I always have a yogurt with some fruit before bed,around 8ish or so.

As for plateaus,I try to change up my routine as much as possible. My main cardio is running, so I work on long distance one day, speed one day, a combination one day and a mniddle run one day. I also swim and bike ride. Then I do weights and abs a few days a week.

If I feel that I've hit a plateau I will change it up. I will, for instance, try to do more sprinting in my runs (I really notice a great weight loss after increasing speed-not so much after distance !) I'll also go farther on the bike or swim if I can.

When I feel burned out I take a day off. That usually makes me want to start it up again the next day.

HTH!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I start every day with a Shaklee Cinch Inch Loss Shake. I love the energy and fullness. I eat meals at the same time. I try to have lots of veggies (raw) and nothing white, except white meat or white fish. I also need protein with every meal/snack.

My exercising fits in around my schedule - different every day = I think that the inconsistency is why I have not stayed on track as much as I'd like.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
WAHM Addict

I'm so routine it's almost awful LOL.

I eat at the same time every day. I eat the same breakfast every day. I do change lunch and dinner, but not much.

Routine really works for me.

I work out at the same time every time.

When I've hit a plateau, I've not made changes, or I've upped my weights and times by just a bit. Mostly though I've stayed the same.

Great questions!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

When does everyone work out? I'm wondering, becuase I see some do ti at the same time all of the time and some it varies.

I always work out in the early morning before kids/husband gets up. If I don't, I never find time to squeeze it in.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

I work out about the same time every day. I've been trying to establish aregular routine. Whenever I hit a plateau I mix up different workout programs that I own and form a new rotation. I also up myweights and resistance to make it a little more challenging. I strive to do a little bit more and work out a little bit harder the next time. It's working because I feel myself getting stronger and my endurance is improving!

The last 3 weeks I have been following the eating plan that came with my workout DVDs from http://www.beachbody.com. They have areally easysystem in placethat iseasy to follow (at least for me!)

I try to eat 5 small meals throughout the day, eating every 2-3 hours. Since I have been doing that I have a lot more energy and I don't get tired during the day. I also seem to have more energy for my workouts.

I have lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks so far. Whoo hoo! I'm excited that I am seeing progress! I'm just going to keep going for it and giving it my best shot each day.

One thing that I have noticed is that the more healthy I'm eating, the more I CRAVE healthy foods! I have noticed that my junk food cravings are GONE! My body WANTS the healthy foods now!

For breakfast I usually have oatmeal or whole grain cereal or wheat pancakes topped with a little pure maple syrup that I make from scratch and some fresh fruit. Sometimes I'll make a veggie omelet or a protein smoothie.

Lunches usually consist of a lean turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, aveggie burger or green salad, or chicken salad.

Dinners are usually a piece of lean grilled meat (usually chicken or fish), brown rice, and a vegetable. Sometimes I'll also have a small green salad.

I try to eat nutritious snacks in between. You can see my faves on the snack thread: http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=586728

Edited by: SusieF