Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it

Not just for weight loss but overall well-being???
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have...

Their health properties are just so good for us... I have drank it as a juice, as well as in supplement pills and drinks.

You can learn more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A7a%C3%AD_Palm

Old 07-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Grand WAHM

Me too!
Vilma, Did you have a baby?

Lori

<H2>ACAI</H2>

<TABLE =#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD>

Acai berries (pronounced ah-SAH’-ee) are produced by a palm tree common in floodplain areas of the Amazon River. These dark purple berries, a little smaller than a blueberry, contain a thin layer of edible pulp surrounding a large seed.

One of the main plant chemicals getting a lot of attention in acai, is a compound called anthocyanin, a group of flavonoids. A very well known antioxidant, anthocyanin-rich fruits have been shown to have anti-aging properties, help increase energy and aid in many skin conditions*. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE =#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD>

Acai contains naturally occurring, plant based vitamin B, vitamin E, minerals such as iron and calcium, fiber and protein. Açaí berries contain naturally occurring amino acids, essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6, and 9), and has an extremely high amount of antioxidants compared to other fruits. Acai even has more antioxidants than raw spinach, and 10 to 30 times more anthocyanins than red wine.

Acai berries also contain beneficial Phytosterols. These are natural plant based chemicals that have been shown to offer immune system benefits.* </TD>
<TD vAlign=center></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<DIV id=borderthis>
<H2>ACAI In The News:</H2>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>

OPRAH WINFREY SHOW 11/10/04

“It may seem odd to start this list of superfoods with one you’ve likely never even heard of. But studies have shown that this little berry is one of the most nutritious and powerful foods in the world! Açaí (ah-sigh-ee) is the high-energy berry of a special Amazon palm tree." http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/y...ife_acai.jhtml </TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

People Magazine 1/30/06

"The latest look-better, live-longer superfood? It's the acai fruit. It's what Denise Richards swears by; what Kelly Slater downs before surfing competitions, and what Dr. Nicholas Perricone uses in his anti-aging potions. It's acai, a multipurpose megabooster berry that Hollywood has been hooked on."</TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

GOOD MORNING AMERICA

"Acai contains a concentration of antioxidants, to help combat premature aging, with 10-30 times the anthocyanins (antioxidants) of red wine. Acai has an almost-perfect essential amino acid complex in conjunction with valuable trace minerals vital to proper muscle contraction and regeneration*."www.ABCNews.go.com </TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

August 4, 2004

"Rich in antioxidants and amino acids, Acai is thought to be one of the most nutritional fruits of the Amazon basin."www.NYtimes.com </TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

Dr. Perricone, in his bestseller - "The Perricone Promise" picks Acai fruit as the #1 Super Food in the world. He calls the acai berry the most perfect food on the planet to look and feel younger, enjoy revitalized health and decelerate the aging process.* The Acai fruit has been featured on Oprah, in the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. Amazingly, the little Acai berry - about the size of a blueberry - is being called the miracle berry.</TD>
<TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

LOL... nope. I wish! He is my beautiful nephew that I love sooo much! Thx for posting the info...

~ vilma
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Can't say it any better than SuccessTeam did lol! Funny to see that here though.. it was just highlighted as the number one food in the world in regards to improving health on one of the morning talk shows lol!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes I've read about it ... I've known about it for years (thanks to Oprah, Dr Oz and Perricone - I have that book). That's why I wanted to know if anyone used it regularly
Do you take supplements? Drink the juice? What product? Where do you buy it? Does GNC carry it? What about Walgreens?

I love asking questions !!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 AM
WAHM Regular

I actually used it on a regular basis whileheading up themicrobiology labfor a beverage manufacturer in upstate NY. We produce an energy drink called HyDrive and they have an Acai flavor. I'm not sure how far their distribution has spread since I left the company in January, but I know we were shipping that product all over NY and into CT, VT and MA at the end of December '07.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Grand WAHM

Vilma,

I didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. What a cute nephew!!

I'm going to be taking Acai in 2 products. One is in a chew and the other is a juice from a company I've been working with for 6 years. The juice just came out!

Lori
Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I see how the juice is being touted as "weight-loss" - I did some research and found a site with the following:

Q. Does an acai product aid in weight loss?
A. We have not seen any human studies with acai berry and weight loss.

http://www.raysahelian.com/acaiberry.html