Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:10 PM
WAHM Addict

A couple of months ago on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, there was a huge story about the Kimkins website -- fake pictures of owner and clients, refusing to remove a previous client's info (who actually took ill following the program), etc. I'd be very cautious...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2008, 05:11 PM
WAHM Addict

Ok here's one: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/b/2007...scam-story.htm

There's several if you google Kimkins New Ownership. The new owner is apparently anonymous (I'd be too[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])

ETA: I can't believe they jacked the membership up to 80 bucks!Edited by: FV Mom
Old 05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Super WAHM

Interesting how the new owner is anonymous. I would still be cautious...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:56 AM
WAHM Regular

It has come out since then, that this is a lie. Heidi Diaz is in fact, still the sole owner. She lied about that, just like everything else.

There have been a lot of claims of people having health problems after doing this, huge scam, be very ware.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 AM
WAHM Fanatic

You know.....I am a member of kimkins. Joined about a year ago. I tried the diet for a few weeks, lost weight. Decided to jump to something else and forgot all about it until I saw the ad here.

So, I go back over, decide to give it another try.....got to thinking about that woe, hair loss possibilities, etc., and decided No...not for me!
I do want to lose weight, but not bad enough to eat LESS than 20 carbs a day. Heck, I take a nutritional supplement for my "change of life issues" and there are 16 carbs in that....There's no way I'm giving that up

I don't know who owns what, who runs what, etc. and don't really care. If something works, that's the bottom line. And, I believe that's why people flock to that site. They want instant gratification.

The plans do look a little different than they use to, but I don't have the old one to go by so I'm not sure what's different.

I do know that at one time, some were giving advice on what "teas" to drink and vitamins to take, to keep your "system" moving. I don't see that over there now. So, it does look like some changes have been made.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

I would stay away...
If it helps, I have covered Kimkins over at my blog as well:

http://vphealthandfitness.com/?s=kimkins

Hope this helps.

~ Vilma