Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hello everyone!
I just thought I would let you know how the first two weeks went with P90X! I actually have a coach, he is the FitDoc from this site and I check in with him. I am having trouble now with my back, but there are always modifications. The company encourages you to use WOWY to help you keep track of your next workout. Like today, I didn't realize I was to do do Chest and Back, but I think you do the5-6 workoutseach week for like three weeks and then on toother stuff so your muscles don't get used to what you're doing.

The first week was interesting....Chest and Back was intense but GOOD, Plyometrics kicked my butt but it was GOOD! Yoga is what I had the most trouble with. THEN the plumbing took over and with all the trouble between the insurance and the plumber and trying to get running water for DAYS, I had to skip like THREE days. So my coach said to go ahead and start over, which I did. I just now finished the first week!

Ilost only like 2 pounds BUT I can feel muscle! I can do pushups quite easily in karate and I can FEEL muscle building in my waist. Sometimes when I walk and I put my hand on my hip, I could actually feel the hard muscle under a couple of inches of fat, HAHA!!The easiest for me was Kenpo and Legs and Back, the hardest is STILL Yoga. I can see a small difference in my legs, I can see a change in my arms.I could dothis weird ab crunch thing that I never could before, where my feet are up in the air and I have to raise my hips to the roof. So, in just over a week, I can see improvements. The hardest things is COMMITTING to something like this - each workout is an hour, Yoga is almost 100 min. Ab Ripper is 17 min but you do that one 3 times a week on top of your scheduled workout.

This program is for the serious minded only. They also have message board because we always have so many questions and I can see people having TROUBLE keeping with the program and dropping off left and right. The ones who stay and post their pics - well, it's amazing! I plan on staying as long as possible!! Gonna plug away so I can continue to BRING IT!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 AM
WAHM Master

Hey, that's AWESOME! Good for you for sticking with it!

Did you measure before you started? I bet you've lost inches and body fat.

Keep us updated! You're doing a great job!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you, Jen!!!

Now, I REALLY need you to scold me, because after all they said in the book and on the website, I have not taken any pics OR measured myself.

I'm kind of a big chicken when it came to that - but I DID weigh myself. Yeah, probably the one thing I shouldn't have done! There is a guy named RedSwarm and he has a group on Beachbody, but he's the same way - says he won't put pictures up either! So I didn't feel quite like a chicken who was alone, haha!

So scold me, Jen, and I'll measure myself since it's only been aweek-ish, butI need someone to motivate me to get out the measuring tape. The people on those message boards are crazy (in a good way) because they all work out like me with either doubling up on the workouts or adding the gym or training for 5k's and such.

Ok, scold away, please!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57 AM
WAHM Master

UGH! You must, must, must take pictures!

Is that good? I'm not really good with scolding, believe it or not.

Really, you should take pics only for YOURself. No need to share them if you don't want, but it's fun to see the transformation not only in the mirror, but in pics, you know? It's a good motivator.

And I canNOT believe you did NOT measure! You MUST measure! Stay away from the scale, but keep the tape measure near by. (I went from being scale obsessed to being tape measure and caliper obsessed! )

Seriously, how will you know how much you've lost if you do not measure? I mean you can definitely tell something is happening because you're seeing muscle, and getting stronger, but if you do nothing else, please measure!

And yeah, you all are NUTSO. Doubling up? I can't imagine doing anything besides P90X at one time.With my history, I'd be so scared ofovertraining. Good for all youworkout addicts, though!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Oh my GOSH, Jen! You had me laughing SOOO hard! THAT'S how you scold?

I did find a tape measure but it's in CENTIMETERS!!!! Oh brother. Cms sound bigger, hehe!

I know I should stay away from the scale, but I only wanted to see it go down so I know, um.......wow, that sounds lame.

Oh no, I don't double! It's bad enough I do karate too, but I honestly cut down the gym time. I was, however, inspired to train for a 5K. I am thinking about that one. Just to see how nuts I really can be.

But I will measure as soon as I find a tape measure in inches. I really thought the one in my sewing kit was the right one. And I agree, if I don't want to share my pics, I don't need to. Maybe I willif I get down to where I want to be, I'll have the courage to post the pics.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:39 AM
WAHM Addict

Way to go girl! 2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, you're doing AWESOME! You're making me want to jump back into the X (almost[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]). Did you join the MDB club yet? You should do it! I'm going to get back into the transformation contest after I have the baby. I plan to enter in December, that'll give me enough time to heal from the surgery (c-section). I'm going for that $10,000 monthly prize baby! Hey I've gained all this weight, I might as well benefit from losing it![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Kass! Thank you for the encouragement! I didn't know you did the X too! I am so impressed with the moms here! I have noticed such changes in me in just the couple of weeks I've done this. It's so hard, but rewarding.

I did join the club - I also use WOWY. I am on the message boards for Beachbody and one guy on the thread won $300 and so did my coach. Kass, I bet out of everyone on MDB you WILL be the one to win the $10,000!!!

Oh my gosh, your baby is due in less than a month! How exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!