Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 AM
WAHM Master

Hi there!

I've never been much of a shopper, then when I found myself overweight, I hated shopping. There were times I cried in the dressing room, because I didn't recognize the person in the mirror. After having ds I was in a tight size 14 and probably should've been in a 16. I refused to go up any further, so I got 1 pair of "stretchy" 14 jeans and lived in those & sweat pants for over a year.

To make a long story short...Even after losing weight over the last 2 yrs, I still haven't really wanted to go shopping. I've been running around in clothes that don't fit or show off my shape very well. I've gottena fewthings for work, but that's about it. Well, I'm going on a trip this month that I have to get clothes for. I had a GAP gift card, so ran in last night to look at pants. I grabbed 8's and they hung on me. I'm in a size 6!

I'm not a bragger, so I wasn't even going to post about this at all. I decided to, because I wanted to give someone else out there some hope and inspiration. If you told me 2 yrs ago, I'd be in a size 6 again, I never would've believed it...So, I am pretty proud of myself.

I'm a shorty & small framed, so that is a great size for me. I just want you all to know that whatever YOURcomfortable size is, you CAN get there!

Thanks for letting me share!
JennEdited by: happymommy
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Congrats !!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Jenn,

Congrats to you & THANK YOU for posting this! There is hope for me afterall... I've been living in the same 14/16 size clothes for far TOO long and I REFUSE to go up another size! Again, thanks for sharing!

~Vilma
Old 05-02-2008, 07:51 AM
WAHM Addict

I love hearing success stories! Congrats Jenn!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
WAHM Master

Jenn,
Thank you so much for posting about your SUCCESS! Congrats to you and please don't think you are bragging (although, you have every right to[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) but you are helping others by sharing your story. So happy for you!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Jenn!! YAY!!!! Oh yay!!! I am so happy for you! I know how you feel - except I still have a little ways to go, but when I discovered I could cross my legs again and now I can feel the bones in my shoulder, well, you know what I mean! Hehehee!! Congratulations, girl!!! Now go finish shopping! And there are some REALLY cute things in fashion this season!

Donna
Old 05-04-2008, 07:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Jenn, great job!!

Good luck to everyone wanting to shed those winter pounds. It can be very challenging. I find those 5 pounds I put on while wearing my baggy winter clothes are the hardest to shed. Since April 1st I have replaced by snacking at work with eating Healthy Chocolate and have lost some of those nasty pounds and can see a difference in my hips!

We are so thankful to have found a product that tastes good and is unbelievably high in antioxidants!

Robin

Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Grand WAHM

Yay Jenn!!

Way to go!

Lori
Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
WAHM Master

Thank you all sooooo much!

I really appreciate it.

I reached my goal over 1.5 yrs ago. I recently have kicked it up a notch by cleaning my diet back up and starting Slim in 6 (on jnmurra's recommendation and I love it!). So, it was just a nice surprise to see another size go down. There's very little change in the scale, so again, goes to show the scale isn't always the best indicator.

Thanks again!