Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

How is everyone doing with their weight loss and getting into shape goals? I think some things have finally clicked in my brain because it's getting easier for me to eat healthy and exercise which has changed my body in just a few short weeks. The only "product" I can honestly say I've been using is the Trim n Shape by Belly Buster Diet. I take 2 capsules every morning. Other than that here's what has helped me:

<UL>
<LI>Eating slower! I don't shovel food in like I did before. If I've let myself get too hungry I try to grab something small really quick and wait til that hits so I can eat a meal slowly. It does help me eat smaller portions of food.</LI>
<LI>Make protein the majority of my meal, but have carbs, whole grains, fats as well. I try to eat as many fruits and veggies as I can pack in a day. This has changed my eating habits a lot!</LI>
<LI>Smaller portions on my plate. Mindless eating taught me to keep eating until the food was gone, so if I put a smaller portion of food on the plate, I won't over eat.</LI>
<LI>EXERCISE is THE key to my weightloss! I am walking/jogging every day, working out at the Y at least 3 days a week. </LI>[/list]

I just made up my mind that nothing, absolutely NOTHING, I swallow (pills, shakes, fake food...) will CAUSE my body to lose weight! It's what I DON'T swallow and how much of what I do swallow I burn off every day.
That's it!!! I've gone from almost a size 16 to a 12 in a month. I don't see much from the scale, but from my body shape and clothes, I definitely see a big difference. Like I said, the only thing I'm taking now are the Trim n Shape supplements. I like how I feel during the day on those, or I wouldn't take them either. My body is definitely changing...

OH... I did the body wraps as well a couple of months ago. I loved that!

Sending out good eating and exercising vibes to us all!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey Kim ! Glad you are doing so well !!

I'm doing pretty good too. I am using some of the products from Isa and they help with some issues I have. However, I am exercising and watching how I cook the foods I eat. It's not only helping my weight loss but also a few health issues I have.

I have cut out my Tea...well, about 90% anyway. I mostly drink water now. The tea was causing my spasms to be worse!

Also, instead of opening "cans" of veggies,etc...I now buy the frozen veggies....they are very good. Now I wonder why I haven't been doing that for years. Not having all the additives really helps my IC also!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

If I had to give up Iced Tea, I'd cry! I make a pitcher of tea about every other day.

Glad to hear you're doing better. I like some frozen veggies, but green beans aren't one of them! I prefer canned on that one. But you're right, it's how you cook them. I bake or grill most of the meat, very little frying. It has helped.

I drink a lot of water, too. I like the Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea mix with mine. I can drink the whole bottle of water in about 5 minutes with that in there!

Kim
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Girl, I love Sweet Tea!!!! It is very hard to give it up!!!! I make a gallon every day! But the caffeine was killing my bladder.

I don't fry much anymore either. I have an electric skillet that I use with a little EVOO !

How much weight have you lost now? Are you keeping up with inches as well?

So far I've lost 7 lbs and 7.25 inches.