Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Super WAHM

I have been struggling with a mental block and I just can't get past it! I have been doing the WW Core program since last October - well, really I did it until about Christmas, then have been mostly trying to do Flex since then.

I just can't seem to get started again. I feel overwhelmed and like it's too much work and planning to get back to it. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I can't seem to get going again. I tend to try and then go off track and can't get back on. It's like I give up whole weeks at a time because I had one "off" day.

I really do love the Core program and the foods I eat while on it. I need the structure it provides because otherwise I binge on carbs all day long and feel crummy.

Anyone overcome a mental plateau? How did you regain your motivation?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2008, 06:27 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Both programs are good. Maybe use the flex one week, then switch to core for a week. Mix it up. It's ok to do that.
I understand how you feel. I'm the same way.

I think it just gives us an "excuse" to fall back into our old habits. You have to find the motivation from inside.
For me, the motivation comes when Itake my measurements and I've lost inches, or I get on the scale and I've lost weight, or I put on my clothes and they fit better, or someone notices that I've lost a little weight.....those are motivations to me.

Change your mindset. Look at your way of eating as a new Lifestyle not a diet. Take your weight loss one bite at a time, one pound at a time.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Vicki,
Boy, do I know that one! One way I have been able to get over it gradually (although this might not work for you) was to not consider WW as a huge, lifelong, overwhelming thing. I would, say, get through breakfast, just breakfast - keeping only that meal in mind. I would say to myself"This is what I'm eating and if I can get through the next 30 min. I will be fine." And if I was tempted to eat something more, I would say, "Wait 20 minutes. Just 20 minutes." And on and on and on. If I mess up, I start right back up again and not say, "Well, I messed up this day, it's ruined anyway" and continue to eat what I want. If I mess up I would do something to help counteract it, like walk around the block, which helps me to re-focus, even ifit's only for a few minutes. Breaking up the day into small manageable increments of time is how I get through those mental blocks.Looking at it like, "Oh damn, I have the WHOLE entire day to get through", can be overwhelming. So making it more manageable might do it. Maybe it will work for you.

Iwishyou so much luck!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I find that with the program I'm on weighins keep me honest and keeps me on track.

I lost 16 lbs in 4 weeks, BUT I am on a low carb, and 600 calorie diet along with a b6/b12 injection weekly and HCG cream on my forearm daily,
I talk about it HERE

It's a new weight loss program that a oby/gyn turned plastic surgeon is conducting.

Terri

Edited by: successsweet
Old 04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
WAHM Addict

WOW Terry... 600 calories a day...how do you do it? I find it hard keeping it under $1800 (but then again my appetite goes rampant on me)

Vicki...A mental plateau is probably one the hardest...what I do to keep myself going (right now I am in a physical plateau) is I keep telling myself how awesome I look and how much more awesome I will look after losing X amount of lbs. Look at old photos, keep a chart of measurements...once you see it coming off...you can break through the mental plateau. You can do it! We are all here to support you!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks so much for the support!

I've been really trying, but every day so far I have not been pleased with myself. I have done some good things, but can't seem to stick with any healthy eating at all.

I think the problem is I get ravenous and reach for all of the wrong things. For example, I work 3 days per week at a day care center from 9:30am - 1:00pm. I never eat at work (except for nibbles of the kid snacks if I'm really hungry!) because I don't get a break. So by the time I get home it is 1:30pm, and by the time I get my son down for his nap, I can't even eat until 2:00 or even 2:30 sometimes!

By this time, I don't feel like cooking or making much of anything, so I end up grabbing and munching on anything and everything - pop-tarts, peanut butter crackers, cereal, a sandwich, etc. By now it's a full-on binge and it's hard to stop. Plus, I wreak havoc on my blood sugar and am hungry again in an hour or two, even though I ate a mountain of food! It's very frustrating, and has been a hard cycle for me to break!

So I'm trying to come up with foods that are quick and easy that I can make ahead of time and grab as I'm hungry. This is made more difficult by the fact that I can't eat any foods with artificial sweeteners. Splenda threw me into a nasty depression last fall, so I now stay away from all artificial sweeteners because I fear that happening again - it was awful!

Anyhow, if anyone has any tips on foods I could take to munch on while the kids are having snack at day care, or foods I could quickly put together or heat up for lunch when I get home, that would be great!

Thanks so much for your support! This is such a hard thing, and I'm so frustrated that I can't just do it! I'm not giving up this time, I'm tired of being fat!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Vicki.

They must serve the kids lunch at the day care center? I had a similar schedule to you when I was a preschool teacher. I would bring my lunch in and eat it when the kids were eating. Are you allowed to do that? Of course, if a child needed something, I'd stop my eating to take care of them...
It was a bit of a motivation for me too because I would only want the kids to see me eating healthy foods.

Love,
SHannon