Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM
WAHM Master

Tell me what you know.

I just got his newest book, 12-Second Sequence, and while it all sounds good, and there are testimonials and pictures of folks who have done it and look so much better now than their before pictures, I just find it hard to imagine that strength training for only 2-20 minute sessions per week for eight weeks will make that big of a difference (he says cardio is not required with his plan, but it will speed things along and obviously is good for the heart, overall health, etc.).
So I was thinking-- well, his eating plan must call for like 0 calories or something. Nope, Icalculated it up and if you eat according to his meal plan, it's about 1800 calories or so. Hmmm....

I haven't looked much intohis way of strength training (can't believe it since I am soooooo into weight lifting! ), but he doescite studies that back it up.

Again, tell me what you know about him or someone that followed his program or whatever because I've not really paid much attention to him
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 10:33 AM
WAHM Addict

Hey girl, this sounds a LOT like FYM and Tony Horton's new 10 minute trainer. You should check out some of the before and after pics on the www.clubfym.com site. You only do 3 15 minute strength training workouts a week but it works like mad. I'm noticing P90X type toning in my body, and I'm just on the body weight exercises! Turbulance Training is like this as well, based on short burst superset style resistances exercises that hit several large and small groups versus just working one body part at a time.....anyway it rocks and fits my schedule, and I definately feel it.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:46 AM
WAHM Master

Cool! I'll have to check out Tony's 10-minute trainer as well.

I'm going to try Jorge's routine, I think. I want to do some serious weight training, but I have to be really careful because of my getting sick issue. I've been building up with cardio and started weight training again a couple weeks ago, but not going full force into it (think P90X) is just killing me. I NEED to feelsome serious burn or I'm going to go nuts! I'm sick, I know

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
Cool! I'll have to check out Tony's 10-minute trainer as well.

I'm going to try Jorge's routine, I think. I want to do some serious weight training, but I have to be really careful because of my getting sick issue. I've been building up with cardio and started weight training again a couple weeks ago, but not going full force into it (think P90X) is just killing me. I NEED to feelsome serious burn or I'm going to go nuts! I'm sick, I know

Thanks!
Maybe just a little sickBut then again, I am tooHowI long for my glutes to be on fire!Baby not allowing it to happen thoughJust a few weeks to go!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
WAHM Master

Well, I just tried it and all I can say is.....W-O-W! My body shook the entire time throughout each exercise. It was downright amazing! Plus, I am sweating!!!

It took me a little longer than 20 minutes because while he doesn't call for a warmup, I took a 2 minute warmup, and I'm not familiar with the exercises yet, so I had to take time to read each time. All in all, it took me about 26 minutes, so that's not bad.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
WAHM Addict

I have another book of his...I think it's called "8 Minutes in the Morning" or something like that. The idea is the same...but I never tried it. I, too, didn't think it would work.