Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Hey ladies! It`s been awhile since I`ve been in here, but it looks like you`ll be seeing more of me.
I started a full time job last January, and it has taken a toll on my lifestyle.

I had lost 52 lbs in just over 6 months when I started the job. Now I am afraid of how much I have regained. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img](I can`t bring myself to step on the scales)
I work 8-4, 5 days a week, with an hour commute/errand time each way. I have an office job, so I'm at my desk most of the day. I started a walking group at work - but then the boss decided I needed to work with him on a project in the mornings. (stock trading) So I lost my exercise time. By the time I get home at night I am out of steam. It`s 5:00, and by the time homework/dinner/dishes/laundry is done I just veg in front of the tv for an hour before I fall asleep.

Anyways- there are my excuses- and now I am ready to do something about it. I started exercising again (Good old Leslie Sansone) this week. (The boss went to Florida for the winter) I pulled out my notebook this morning, and I am back to following the diabetic diet. ("The Diet" up top) I know it works for me. I have to measure and journal, drink and move.

And most of all- I need ppl who understand to talk with. I need thetips, encouragement, stories, and laughs. I had to quit Tops becauseI couldn`t get there most weeks. I wish I could find another that fit into my schedule. But- I know coming and talking with all of you always helped too. Besides- I miss my friends!

So- I`m back! Hopefully life wont get in my way too soon!
Terry
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 10:33 AM
WAHM Addict

Well, I broke down and stepped on the scale. The good news is - I didnt gain as much as I thought. (I fully expected to weigh more than I did 2 yrs ago when I first started losing.) Bad news is- I gained back 35 lbs in a yr.
So- now I know anyway. *sigh* I could just kick myself!

My 1st goal is to lose 40 lbs. I want to get back where I was before I started working. Hopefully I can undo some damage before I go to Florida in May.

TerryEdited by: elfinsnow