Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
WAHM Addict

I thought this would be a fun little topic to post although I hate the word Dieter...I didn't know what else to use.
So post your confessions here about things that no matter how bad you want to lose the weight you just find yourself not giving up (and maybe someone may know a trick on how to give it up...LOL)!

I will start....

I am a salt-a-holic...I know SO bad for you but I crave salt. I know that if I cut the salt out of my life (I know not completely) I would probably be less bloated but man I like salt!

I am a soda addict. Although not like I was before (not even close) I still need some soda at least 1 time per day. I can only keep 1 bottle in the house because I will drink it if it is in the fridge. I do only drink Diet 7up, Sprite Zero or Sierra Mist Free but still LOTS OF sodium in it (see told you I was a salt-a-holic....LOL)

Ok...who's next?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Awesome WAHM

I really don't know what it wrong with me...
I LOVE anything chocolate and it's reallythe only sweet craving I have

I'm also a salty/fatty junk food addict. No matter how hard I try to stop, I just feel I can't. If it's in the house, it DOES not fail -I eat it.

I know i've had a handle on these cravings before, but it's just so hard to get rid of them now....
Old 01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

**Salt for me too** You know, sometimes I like to have a little food with my salt . Girls, I even add salt to my ketschup!

I have switched over to Morton's light salt...it still has a good taste but with 1/2 the bad stuff!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
WAHM Master

Fun topic!
I have a few things...

Dark Chocolate
Coffee
Pizza
Ice Cream

Eventually, I know I can switch the coffee to green tea and be fine with that. The others...I love them and will not give them up totally! That's why I give myself one day a week to treat myself. If I told myself I could never, ever have these few things again, I'd never stick to my program long-term. I have given up a lot of things (soda, trans-fats, artifical flavors/sweeteners/colors, etc), but you can never take away my pizza, chocolate & ice cream!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 AM
WAHM Master

Geesh, where do I begin? It's so weird because I was going to post about this on my blog today. GMTA, Dawn! Forewarning: this may go a bit OT.

Well, I'm not a "dieter." I'm too....hmmmm...what's the word? Ah, rebellious to be a dieter..LOL! Any time in the past when I have wanted to lose weight and I've tried to do one trick (diet of sorts) or another, if I tell myself, "You can't have X, it's not in the plan," then that makes me want X even more and nobody is going to tell me I can't have it, not even myself! See, that's where my rebellious streak comes in. So what I have done is eat junk in moderation (until over this past holiday when I went wayyyy overboard on the junk!) and been "okay" with that as long as I kept losing inches. However, I decided recently that if I am ever going to have my old body back and/or the body I want now, it's not going to happen by eating any junk, period.

I know this is really long, but bear with me...I AM getting to the point here...LOL!

So what junk could I NEVER give up? My chips. Had to have them, especially when stressed! What else? Oh, soda. I did give up Mt. Dew for a long time, but I'm like an alcoholic, so once I got a taste of Pepsi about 6 months after giving up the Dew, I had to have Pepsi every day, which was ridiculous because I didn't even like Pepsi!!!! I am on my third day today of NO PEPSI and it's gotten easier, but Monday and Tuesday were down right awful! I was a total b**** and was in withdrawal really bad. DH came in with a Pepsi this morning and I took a swig (I know, definitely tempting fate there) and it tasted like utter poo! So I'm officially off Pepsi and I will never drink another soda again because, just like an alcoholic, I have to stay away from it, obviously.

I have given up chips too. This is day #3 without chips and I was just at the grocery store and I am sooooooooooooooooo proud because I marched right through that chip aisle and never bought one bag! NONE of them even looked appetizing to me (not even my favs!).

Okay, I need to shorten this up - I just want to say that I owe it all to the "new" lifestyle that Jenn and I decided to start Monday based on the Eat Clean Diet (which is just basically eating clean). That book, even though it's common sense stuff and stuff I already knew from years of keeping up with this kind of thing, just really hit home with me. It finally "clicked!" LOL! So I'm eating clean and I'm actually enjoying it. I guess I was just ready for it; I dunno.

But I will say - the author of the book says no cheese and if you have cheese to eat the low-fat version, but um.....I'm not givin' up my cheese! Yet, anyway. I may later, but I have a hard time imagining no cheese!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Girl! I feel ya. I forgot to mention cheese as well, because when I eat it... I eatA LOT of it! I ordered the Eat Clean book & cook book last night & can't wait to start reading it.
Jen, a little bit OT, but are you counting calories or just portions?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
WAHM Master

No calorie-counting, which I love!!! I hate tracking food and I hate counting calories, so this works well for me. I probably "need" to, though, since I'm doing P90X and I need to make sure I'm getting enough fuel, but I'm going to see how I feel first and go from there.
I don't really watch portions, either. I mean of course I don't eat like a horse, but I stop when I'm no longer hungry, and really, eating mini meals, that's not an issue.

Oh, and when I do have cheese, I make sure it's a small amount, not really like normal where I would eat huge chunks! LOL But a small amount is enough to satisfy me.

If you wanted to do the portion thing, have you looked in to one of those portion plates? I got a really neat one last year, but have never used it. It does look like it would come in really handy, though, for watching portion sizes. I forget where I got mine from, but there is a place I read about that the "celebrities" buy from, which is http://www.portionpal.com/
Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
WAHM Master

The cheese is hard for me, too, Jen. I had scrambled egg whites last night and I always have cheese on my eggs/omletes. It was still good...just strange for me with no cheese. I have been putting a tad of part-skim mozzarella on some things. Just not going over board. I have it in the fridge and I'm not throwing it out!
I eyeball my portions. I just focus on making sure I get a lean protein & complex carb with each of my 5-6 meals and lots of fruits, veggies & water through the day.

Great job on the soda & chips!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
WAHM Master

I am seriously addicted to chocolate[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

I am not a big eater at all. In fact, I probably don't eat enough calories in a normal day of normal food... except for the chocolate. So when I cut way back on my chocolate and exercise, I'm able to drop weight pretty easily.

I just have a really, really hard time saying no to chocolate.

OK, here comes confession time. We have a little old man who sells candy bars once a month and comes into my office. He came in this morning. I bought two. It's my dd's birthday, so I bought one for her... and I ate the other one. The whole thing. 330 calories. I couldn't stop at just one piece or even half the bar. I ate the whole thing [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]. This happened before lunch! So, I didn't eat any lunch today... and I'm going to have to work out hard tonight even though I planned to cut back tonight since I exercised a full hour last night....

Bev

Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
WAHM Master

OK, now the chocolate I got for Christmas is screaming my name, Bev! I'm trying to wait until Sun to have some.