Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

OMG I love sweets. I really need to stop cause I seriously want to lose some pounds. Temptation is a beast!!!!! Edited by: TinaLynnLove
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

My problem is mt. dew.

A while back I kicked the habit but it didn't stay gone for long.Its an addiction lol.I used to not eat anything till supper time with late snacks and only drink mt. dew the rest of the day.I was technically eating so few calories that I think my body went into starvation mode so no matter what I ate I was gaining it.I cut mt. dew then and start eating MORE and started losing but here I am back at square one again.

I have to cut it out though because I know alot of my internal stomach issues is related to it.Last time I cut it out after about a week I was feeling much better and my stomach issues was almost gone.Now they are back worse then ever and its not fun.

I starteda diet yesterday which my only goal is to eat more (within calorie limits)and cut out regular soda.Which it seems to be a real battle.#1 to actually eat as much as I need and #2 to say goodbye to my dear little friend mt. dew lol.

If I feel like I have to drink pop I get a diet but man it has such a bad aftertaste that I don't even think I can tolerate it for very much longer.I have those crystal light tubes for my bottled water I try to drink but that dosn't seem to be working very well either.I don't keep regular mt. dew in the house now but I was craving it so bad last night that I contemplated getting dressed and drive in the cold to go to the pop machine down the road to get one.Its pathetic lol.Mt. dew mise well be a drug IMO lol.

Oh and late night snacking like chips,ect... is a prob as well but right now I rely on those high calories to even make my calorie minimum per day.Edited by: alisia419
Old 01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
WAHM Addict

It is nice to know I am not the only one addicted to certain stuff....LOL! I totally forgot to add cheese in there too, but I found a great product... Sargento Light String Cheese...only 2.5 grams of fat and like 60 calories for 1...YUMMM!!! I cut out cheese for a while but when my doctor told me I needed to increase my fat intake....what do you think I added first...YUP...CHEESE...LOL!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Super WAHM

Well I really love cheese, but I thought that a part skim cheese would be a good thing in moderation since cheese is a good source of protein. I have some part skim string cheese sticks that I love to eat and they only have around 70 calories plus 7g of protein per serving.

I have a small problem with energy drinks particulary Amp, I love Amp because I think it tastes like Mt Dew. I have not drank any soda of any kind in at least 5 years but one day DH was drinking Amp and he told me that it would suppress my appetite so I tried it and suddenly I was like addicted to it. Now the Amp may be ok if I had it around breakfast time and did not eat until lunch but it is not good when I work nights and decide to drink two of those before I go to work after a full day of eating, that is an extra 400 plus calories to my diet for the day. So now I am drinking a cup of coffee before I go to work and thank god that it is only one night a week now!

I do really love chips too, however I don't allow myself to buy chips. If they were in my house I would eat them all up. I have not had chips in my house in at least 2 years.

There are many things that I would completely snack on and eat up if they were in my house but I don't allow myself to buy these things
Old 01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
WAHM Fanatic

No judging here right...

Sometimes, if I really want something sweet and there's no sweet snacks in the house...

I'll eat a spoonful of brown sugar. eek.

Love,
SHannon

Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm a fast food junky. I love Arbys roast beef sandwichesdipped in goobs of ketchup.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:53 AM
WAHM Addict

I LOVE cheese, breads, rice, and pastas. I have to limit myself on these, and its really hard sometimes.
Terry