Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Awesome WAHM

ok.

I have a confession to make. I have officially fallen off the "wagon" as people say it.
2 weeks now - Right after my civilian fitness program ended.

I can't take it any longer, and can't do this on my own anymore.

I find myself getting into my old habits again, always saying just one more week of this... i'll start next monday. I don't want to see my progress go down the drain.

I don't want to obsess over macro nutrients and numbers anymore... I just want to eat healthy, exercise & see the weight & fat come off!

=====================================

OK.... feeling a bit better. Thanks for reading my vent.

Going over to my blog to re-read my goals & progress reports.

~ Vilma

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
WAHM Master

I don't want to see you lose your progress either!

I can think of a couple things you can try. I may have more tomorrow because right now my brain is mush (8 hours sleep in 48 hours will do that to ya! LOL)

Do you know what triggered your wanting to go back to your old habits? If so, plan for whatever it was from now on and plan what you're going to do if it ever happens again.

So if you don't want to obsess over those things anymore, then just don't do it. I've been there/done that and it is absolutely exhausting. It's also exhausting to obsess about your weight.

I get the feeling that you beat yourself up or you are very hard on yourself about "slip ups?" You look wonderful, you have done extremely well!, and what you probably should do is work on your "inside"too. You need to feel comfortable with and good about yourself where you're at every step of the way. One of the things that helped me get over being hard on myself was thinking about the way I "talk to myself" mentally certainly isn't how I would talk to a friend.

That's all I can think of right now I do feel you on this and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

It must me something in the water!!! Dawn needs a kick, Youv'e fall offthe wagon, and I've got one foot off the wagon and another on a banana peel!!!

this week has been crazy, the furniture market is in town, and I've been working from 5am to 6pm. But I'm trying to hang on till friday(I'm off)

Don't mean to highjack the tread...but just look at what you've accomplished so far and let that be your motivation.

Edited by: cgraham30
Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
WAHM Addict

First of all BREATHE!

Ok, here comes the book[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Hopefully The Lord doesn't test me on the advice I'm about to give...if He does, I'm blaming you[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Seriously though, the first thing is to stop asking "why." I know that sounds crazy, but something I learned from The Sedona Method (It's a little on the woo woo metaphysical side, but there was some meat in with those bones[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]), is when we constantly analyze ourselves and try to figure out why we do this or that, what we're subconsciously doing is giving ourselves an excuse to do it again, thereby justifying the undesirable behavior. For example, labeling ourselves as emotional eaters is basically planning to eat emotionally again. So stop asking why. Instead just say, "ok, I made a mistake, I don't intend to do that again, and I will do better from this point forward." Don't wait until Monday, start the moment you realize you're doing something destructive. Don't beat yourself up about it.

The Bible says the bring EVERY thought into the subjection of Christ right? Well as believers we have the mind of Christ. We are not to condemn ourselves, just "go and sin no more" or in this instance, commit to not doing it again.

Also, you have GOT to drop the "might as well" thinking. It is counter productive. You know, "well I already ate a bite of Ice Cream, I might as well eat the whole half gallon (Jen, don't say it[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])." Just say "oops," and move on. Beating yourself up for failures does nothing for your progress. FORGIVE yourself for not being perfect. No one is. I think perhaps you may feel that by "letting it go" without punishing yourself is letting yourself off the hook too easy. Well receiving forgiveness is easy, you just have to learn to receive it from yourself.

Finally enjoy the process! If you get bored easily switch your plan up every couple months or so. I know that's unconventional compared to the current "stick to oneplan like Jesus Himself wrote it until you reach goal," way of doing things but hey, that's so lame and boring to me[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]. Like me, it's not secret that I've done many, many, types of things to lose my weight. I put my health first of course, but I still like variety. A little Master Cleanse here, a little raw food diet their, low carb, high carb, etc. It's been quite an adventure and I've created memories that'll last a life time. Every trial and difficulty we go through doesn't have to suck. It's a learning and growing experience. Embrace it. Check out Joyce Meyer's book "Enjoying Where You Are on the Way to Where You Are Going."

Ok, well that's the end of my book lol. IM me if ya need me[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
WAHM Addict

OH Vilma.....I completely understand how you are feeling and it is too funny mine "falling off the wagon" has been for the last 2 weeks too. I don't know what it is.

But try and get back on....that is what I am doing. I did better eating today then yesterday and I am hoping tomorrow will be better then today. I know that if I go back to my old habits I WILL gain the weight back and I don't want to do that.

So let us both start tomorrow clean and fresh and try and get back on track (same for you cgraham30)

(((HUGS)))
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

i typed out a whole big response but decided against posting it because i don't want to trigger people into eating badly.

but i understand getting sick of obsessing over the whole thing and i don't think it's the worst thing in the world to take a break (as long as you are maintaining your current weight and not gaining).

*hug*

love,
shannon

ps--i looked at your pics on your blog for the first time. you're gorgeous! i always think that people are what their avatars are if they use a real picture. so i always thought that you were the pink bikini girl in your picture (even though i know darn well that a friend of mine uses that *same* pic on a different board). but i think you're even prettier than your avatar.
pps--not to hijack, but dawn's a lot prettier than her avatar too. i noticed you changed the picture and my first thought was "wah! dawn's gotten even uglier" [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisssunshine
i typed out a whole big response but decided against posting it because i don't want to trigger people into eating badly.

but i understand getting sick of obsessing over the whole thing and i don't think it's the worst thing in the world to take a break (as long as you are maintaining your current weight and not gaining).

*hug*

love,
shannon

ps--i looked at your pics on your blog for the first time. you're gorgeous! i always think that people are what their avatars are if they use a real picture. so i always thought that you were the pink bikini girl in your picture (even though i know darn well that a friend of mine uses that *same* pic on a different board). but i think you're even prettier than your avatar.
pps--not to hijack, but dawn's a lot prettier than her avatar too. i noticed you changed the picture and my first thought was "wah! dawn's gotten even uglier" [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
ITA! Vilma's beautiful and Dawn has stubble and man hands
Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 AM
WAHM Addict

HA HA HA Shannon and FVmom
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra

Do you know what triggered your wanting to go back to your old habits? If so, plan for whatever it was from now on and plan what you're going to do if it ever happens again.

I get the feeling that you beat yourself up or you are very hard on yourself about "slip ups?"
Thanks for you words of encouragement Jen. Honestly, I have no idea what triggered my out of control eating.

Maybe it was that I had finally finished a 6 month long program with little results on my body fat (According to the BIA test that I took at the gym - from 37.1% to 35.1%) . Everything else improved, but I was hoping that the body fat would of been lower. I thought to myself, " Ah, what the heck! Let's go eat some junk food!" I completely overlooked the other progress I had made like taking my resting Heart rate from 64 bpm to 54 bpm, My recovery HR went from 140 bpm to 90 bpm in 1 minute (When I started, My HR was at 160 bpm to 144 bpm after 1 minute). I significantly improved my Max Bench press from 135 lbs to 175 lbs.... so I guess concentrating on just one number (body fat %) was what triggered it.

And yes, i've always been hard on myself when I "slip up". I'm trying to change that but it's very hard to do IMO. My mental talk is no better either. I don't think I have a positive self image about myself, and the fat girl thinking seems to always win out the thin girl that wants to come out -- if that makes any sense.

cgraham30 - thank you for your words of encouragement as well. I wentback to reading my daily logs on my blog yesterday -- and I have come a very long way. It would be dumb of me to let all this slip away just because of a darn body fat % number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
First of all BREATHE!

Seriously though, the first thing is to stop asking "why." I know that sounds crazy, but something I learned from The Sedona Method (It's a little on the woo woo metaphysical side, but there was some meat in with those bones), is when we constantly analyze ourselves and try to figure out why we do this or that, what we're subconsciously doing is giving ourselves an excuse to do it again, thereby justifying the undesirable behavior. For example, labeling ourselves as emotional eaters is basically planning to eat emotionally again. So stop asking why. Instead just say, "ok, I made a mistake, I don't intend to do that again, and I will do better from this point forward." Don't wait until Monday, start the moment you realize you're doing something destructive. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Also, you have GOT to drop the "might as well" thinking. It is counter productive. You know, "well I already ate a bite of Ice Cream, I might as well eat the whole half gallon (Jen, don't say it)." Just say "oops," and move on. Beating yourself up for failures does nothing for your progress. FORGIVE yourself for not being perfect. No one is. I think perhaps you may feel that by "letting it go" without punishing yourself is letting yourself off the hook too easy. Well receiving forgiveness is easy, you just have to learn to receive it from yourself.

Finally enjoy the process! If you get bored easily switch your plan up every couple months or so. I know that's unconventional compared to the current "stick to oneplan like Jesus Himself wrote it until you reach goal," way of doing things but hey, that's so lame and boring to me.
Kass, thank YOU for your book! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]I guess you know me a lot more than I thought you did. [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I tend to eat out of boredom or when i'm facing various problems in my day. I haven't learned to replace that bad habit of mine and i'm gonna need to do it -- FAST. And yes, i'm one of those that says, "ah... what the heck, i've already started eating this, I blew it... oh well, let's eat some more!". That's what got me at 212 lbs, soI defenitely need to change that attitude.

Now as far as programs go... I just have too many in my head that I know work and are healthy-- but that's just it, I know TOO much which is a blessing, but can be a curse too becauseI think and want to do everything at the same time. I think my main problem is (and this is just ME and my personal opinion), that I haven't completely developed ALL my healthy habits. I need to do this 1st before following just one particular program, GWIM? If anything, I think I need to have variety in my workouts and change things up once in a while -- because I have also stopped exercising for 2 weeks and my body is starting to complain.

I'm going to go back and review my Sparkpeople Fast Break & Healthy Habits overview because it looks like I need a refresher course on this.

Dawn- thank YOU for your kind words and support. YES! Let's start NOW. Although my End of 2007 Challenge doesn't officially start until Monday, I will start NOW in getting back on track with making healthy choices & exercising again.

Shannon - THANK YOU! [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img] The thing is, I had been maintaing my current weight of 189 for about 4 months, but these past 2 weeks has been so bad that I started gaining again, both weight and inches. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] But I do agree with you that it's ok to take a break as long as i'm maintaining... but I haven't been these past two weeks, so it's time to start losing again.

=============

Thank You to everyone that read and responded to this. You all are a GREAT bunch of beautiful ladies and I consider you very good friends. There is no way I could of told this to my physical friends here in El Paso, they wouldn't of understood me.

Love you all! [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

~ Vilma Edited by: veperez