Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Fitness/Weight Loss Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via AIM to FV Mom Send a message via Yahoo to FV Mom

Hi everyone! I requested that my previous journal be deleted as it had gotten a bit out of hand, but all issues are resolved (I think) I am starting this journal to show people the good, the bad, and the ugly of this weight loss plan as well as how to do it healthy. This is also for supporting and encouraging other wahm's on the Kimkin's plan, discussing recipes and ideas, etc. So basically in a nutshell, as Thumper would say: "If you can't say somethin' nice....don't say nothin' at all!"I will be taking my own advice, I promise

Ok, I will post some more stuff after my workout, but I can't avoid Plyo any longerI really do not like this workout but yet I love that it's giving me a buttFigures
Edited by: FV Mom
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
WAHM Addict

Now that I've done PlyoHere's the info on Kimkins.

This thread outlines the plan: K/E and Kimkins Quick Reference Info

I am basically doing K/E for 4-8 weeks until I reach goal. My first week on this plan I lost 10.5lbs (7.5lbs of fat, 3lbs of water, no muscle loss[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]). I am in deep ketosis and I must say I love it! I don't feel deprived at all which is very surprising because on almost every diet I've been on I had to will power through the hunger[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]My allegergies seem to get better day by day. I'm thinking I have an allergy to dairy and gluten.

I am highly insulin resistant so this plan seems to be my secret weapon for weight loss. It took me 6 months to lose 25lbs with just diet and exercise alone. I upped my cals, lowered my cals, etc, but still my loss was less than a pound per week. (10 of the pounds I lost on the Master Cleanse which is essentially a 10 day fast, so in actuality it took me 6 months to lose 15lbs plus I actually LOST 5lbs of muscle when I upped my cals).

Under normal circumstances, this would be a highly odd situation, however I have a family history of diabetes (Most of my family is diabetic or pre-diabetic and I was pre-diabetic when I was in the 190's), thus a genetic predisposition to insulin resistance. Add to that the mentrual issues I was/am having (greatly improved as I've lost weight) and it's a dead give away for PCOS and Insulin resistance.

I feel really great on this plan. The first couple of days I was a little fatigued by now I have crazy energy! I guess this ole belly is finally being put to use[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]My abodomen is at 35 inches now! It's been 37 for the last 2 months so this is exciting for me!

I haven't had "Keto Breath" at all, but then again I'm a little neurotic about brushing my teeth (hey, I got thousands of dollars worth of dental work in there...I'm getting my money's worth[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]) so that's probably why lol. OT: You gotta check out Crest's new Pro Health line! It was reccommended by my dental hygenist and it's great stuff!My teetch stay plaque free all day and breath is always fresh![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Ok, that's all I got for today![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey girl,

I've lost 5.2 lbs since Saturday. I'm thinking about switching over to Boot Camp this Saturday. I'd really like a salad, altho I do like doing the KE plan. But, I've got fresh garden veggies just calling my name

I'm so glad TheBiggestLoser posted here. I had read about Kimkins several years ago but wasn't ready to give up my carbs.

This is the first low carb eating plan I've ever done - now I'm wondering why I didn't do it before.

I can't "weight" to get to goal and go on the maintenance! My husband told me he would buy me a new wardrobe!!

I recvd my SI6 yesterday and the dvd was scratched I can see most of it so I'm going to do what I can until I get my new one!!

I do believe I will order P90 next. (not P90X - not ready for that!)

Anyway, glad to see you are doing well!! Keep up the posting!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 AM
WAHM Addict

Well I've stalled ladiesI know it's the beef! Ugh! I won't buy that again that's for sure. I need to up my magnesium because I know the 2.5lb gain is poo poo[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Oh, my body fat is DOWN to 27% today! So I'm expecting a pretty big WHOOSH tommorrow!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
WAHM Addict

Finally came out of my stall. Man a little cheat really does take a while to recover from! I'm down a half pound today!Of, Milk Of Magnesia is the BOMB DIGGITY! Worked like a charm[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Edited by: FV Mom
Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM
WAHM Addict

Man TOTM is kicking my booty hard this month! It hasn't started yet, but I'm getting cramping and fatigue. It's quite a bit early, but then again it was really late last month so it balances out I guess. Still at 162. I need to avoid the scale until it's over for fear of becoming a mad woman[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 06:09 AM
WAHM Master

Send a message via AIM to angienewton

Definitely avoid that scale during this time

Keep up the great work!

Need help with your social media? We CAN help you boost your online presence!

Grab our secrets to business accountability partner success
Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
WAHM Addict

Well I couldn't avoid that evil thang![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] However, this time it was good to me! I'm down to 160lbs waaaaahoooooo!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Awesome!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Girl - TOTM hasn't visited me since April!! Feel like it might anyone, but who knows anymore!! Be fine with me if it never happened again