Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Fitness/Weight Loss Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via AIM to FV Mom Send a message via Yahoo to FV Mom

Hi all. I know a lot of people here are looking for a low carb type plan. Well we had a spammer not too long ago that was promoting Kimkins. After this weekend, I'm considering going on this diet for a few weeks to undo the damage I've done

My girls on another message board found info on the diet for free so I'm passing it on to ya'll to save ya'll 50 bucks 'cause I luuuuub ya!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=431457

In a nutshell, it's basically 3-5 days "0" carbs (protein only) followed by 20 carbs max per day until you hit goal. I may do Kimmer's Experiment to undo the damage done this weekend
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
WAHM Addict

Here's another thread with LOTS (and I do mean lots) of Q&A http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...1338&pp=30
Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks for posting the links I'm doing low carb, or was until tonight. LOL. Pizza is sooo bad, but oh so good
I'll re-start my low carb plan tomorrow.

<a href=\"http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev000pbs__.png
Old 06-17-2007, 05:07 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
After this weekend, I'm considering going on this diet for a few weeks to undo the damage I've done
You're kidding, right?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
After this weekend, I'm considering going on this diet for a few weeks to undo the damage I've done
You're kidding, right?
I wish I was lol. I figure her plan is essentially a cutting phase or very similar to the P90X phase one phase. I got on the scale this morning and I weighed 173Definately goes against the 3500 cals = 1 pound ruleHey, it's worth it though (not for the food, but the time with my grandparents). I haven't seen them in 5 years! Good thing too

I'm not a big low carb fan, but definately recognize it as a quick way to undo the damage of a carb loaded weekend. Besides, I'll try anything (legal and moral) once

ETA: I'm ONLY doing the diet portion. Don't worry, I'm not gonna start drinking diet sodas in place of water and quit exercisingI think the Kimmer's Experiment (Meat and Eggs only) will be interesting (I will be doing eggs and Jay Robb protein). Hey, I could Journal it! This way I can give a play by play for anyone considering it. I'm the wahm.com guinea pigEdited by: FV Mom
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via MSN to chrlstoncharmed Send a message via Yahoo to chrlstoncharmed

Just remember that when you're doing a real low carb phase, you aren't supposed to work out.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:16 AM
WAHM Master

Actually, it's not really like the P90X Phase I really. The only thing similar is with P90X you're lowering your carb intake, but nowhere near that level of 20g per day.

Each phase (3) has different levels (3) because it's either 1800, 2400 or 3000+. I am level II. Phase I is 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat.

I can tell you this - I went back and looked at my fitday info for May when I was doing the moderate carb. I ate around 1500 calories, had 26% coming from carbs, and still ate a little over 100g of carbs per day, like 103 or something. So I figure 120-125 would have had me at 30% with 1800 calories?(not sure how to calculate that, so that's why I use fitday )

And I can also tell you that I was weight training 3x's per week and cardio 3x's per week in May and my very first weight training session when I started the lower carb (I was getting around 75 to 80 g per day when I started) went really well, the subsequent workoutswent to crap. I had NO energy to finish and ran out of gas very early in the session, maybe after 20 minutes.

I don't know what you did this weekend and I am figuring 'most' of it is just bloating and water retention. I used to over indulge on the weekends and gain 5 lbs., but it would be gone by Tuesday or Wednesday of that week if I went back to eating healthy starting Monday morning.

Anyway, I know you're going to try Kimkins no matter what , so I'll just say be careful and if your workouts start to suffer, you know what to do.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to trishO Send a message via Yahoo to trishO

Hey FVMom,

I will do it with you!! When are you starting??

<div style=": ; width: 28px; height: 28px; : 1000; display: n&#111;ne;">[img]chrome://piclens/c&#111;ntent/launch.png[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to veperez

Sent you a PM as well... [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
</font>

</font>

I agree with Jen. IMHO, i think you are retaining some serious
water. We all over indulge at times. I know I did these past couple of days and my weight fluctuated about 6 pounds!!! </span></font>

You
will most defenitely lose those 5 lbs that you "gained" and more on
Kimkins ( or any other extremely low carb plan) because you will be depleting
your body of glycogen (every gram of glycogen holds 3 grams of water),
BUTů just remember this: your weightloss will not be all fat loss -
most of it will be waterloss and water loss is temporary. As soon as
you start adding more carbohydrates back into your diet,
you will probably see a weight stall or gain again.</font>

Please be careful.</font>

~ Vilma
Old 06-17-2007, 06:03 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by veperez

glycogen
That's exactly why I ran out of gas before even getting 1/2 way through my weight training sessions - I had nothing left to give and I know it was because of my glycogen levels.

Actually, after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure Tony H. says somewhere in his Nutrition Guide that he wants us to eat before our weight workouts (at least an hour before) for that exact reason - because we'll need the glycogen.