Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 AM
WAHM Master

So does sugar (in any form) aggravate Candida? It seems to be dependent upon who you talk to...

Honestly, I think it depends on the person. Some people seem to be okay with fructose and others don't. I know I was told to stay away from citrus fruits when I did the cleanse (and yes, that was from a nutrionist). So I don't know.

Good luck on your cleanse, Luci! Let us know how it goes
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2007, 05:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
So does sugar (in any form) aggravate Candida? It seems to be dependent upon who you talk to...

Honestly, I think it depends on the person. Some people seem to be okay with fructose and others don't. I know I was told to stay away from citrus fruits when I did the cleanse (and yes, that was from a nutrionist). So I don't know.

Good luck on your cleanse, Luci! Let us know how it goes
I agree . I've been avoiding citrus (but then again does she say to drink some lemon water too? I meant to ask you about that), but eat lots of other fruit and my cleanse is going great!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:55 AM
WAHM Master

I can't remember - are you taking the Candex, too, FVM?

You know, I know she said we could drink green tea, the broth, and I know there was also an alfalfa & zinc tea, but I don't remember lemon water? If she did, I probably looked over it because I don't like lemon in my water I can't imagine that she did because lemon is a citrus.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
I can't remember - are you taking the Candex, too, FVM?

You know, I know she said we could drink green tea, the broth, and I know there was also an alfalfa & zinc tea, but I don't remember lemon water? If she did, I probably looked over it because I don't like lemon in my water I can't imagine that she did because lemon is a citrus.

Yes, faithfully taking the Candex. On the week to protocol she said "Continue with lemon water and alkaline broth" but there's no instructions on how to do it so I just skipped it lol
Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 AM
WAHM Master

You know, I think I am missing a document or something. Maybe she did - oh, maybe it was warm water and lemon as soon as you get up? Let me ask happymommy because I think she has these docs as well.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:48 AM
WAHM Master

Yep, you are right Jen. She did say to start the morning with a cup of warm water and lemon to "jump start" the liver.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcMlly
I was going to suggest Candida as well. I'm starting a cleanse for it on Monday or Tuesday (once my supplements get here). I self tested and I tested really really high.

Its just a thought. Candidathrives on sugar, which is what fruit and gluten break down to pretty fast.

Here is a link to a supper simple test you can do at home, http://www.adhdrelief.com/CandidaTest.html

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Luci... I had thought about Candida as I've taken the test and my scores came out really high. But I'm tentative because I don't take birth control pills, i've never hada yeast infection, & never have taken antibiotics that they ask about.

This is the test that I took & another one thata friend sent me, as well as the spit test:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=387091

I just took it again this morning (it says to describe how you've felt inthe past 30 days - I think I overlooked this the 1st time around) & now I came out low...

My other symptoms such as bloating, heartburn, feeling weak & tired, water retention, & fatigue - look similar to wheat/gluten senstitivity from the reaserch that I've done.

I guess the best thing to do is get proffesionally tested, but that cost $$$ - that I don't have at the moment.

So, right now i'm just eliminating wheat from my diet for a few days to see if I feel better.

~ VilmaEdited by: veperez