Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 AM
WAHM Master

Here is where you will post your "why" by Thursday, June 7th, at midnight, and also Week 1 check-ins will go in this thread as well.

The contest officially starts June 8th.Week 1 runs from June 8th through June 14th at midnight.

Good luck! Edited by: jnmurra
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 AM
WAHM Addict

WOOHOO!!!!! My Why is I want to win the $250k prize from MDB, $50k prize at the very least and in order to do that I need toget ripped! I willl continue to stay commited to my P90X rotation and heathy eating. I am doing the doubles rotation

6/8 - Great day today! Water great, workout WOW incredible! Today is day 2 of my friut flush and I am 100% on plan so far for the last 2 days. Tommorrow's my last day[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

6/9 - Final day of fruit flush completed! I'm so excited! I feel incredible. I'm going to continue on to the 14 day fruit diet since I'm doing so well with this. I'm averaging 0.5lbs lost a day, and it's all body fat. I'm actually GAINING lean muscle at the same time. Kenpo X is the most fun workout second only to Turbo Jam. I luuuuuuuuv it! Water good as usual

6/10 Water great, rest day from workout. Went a little off cleanse today and boy did I feel it! It was my nephew's b-day party so I had some fajita meat, 2 flour tortillas, some shedded cheese, and sour cream. Just a little off plan but man my body wasn't happy! Dude, I was crampingLuckily we had to leave early, so no cake and ice cream

6/11 Water great, workout WOW! This was the first time did this workout with the pull up bar and it totally killed me!I wish I had it from the beginning. Not worried though as I'm sure Tony has many more pull ups in store for meCalories - 2196

6/12 Water great, workout great! I'm almost able to make it through this workout! Eating.....bad!I ate cookies today - almond cookiesI think even the almonds in those things were artificial! Still under my maintenence level - 2453 cals total, but now I'm up 3 pounds, bloated and full of waterToday I will be eating super clean! 100% raw today (Prtein shakes depending on how they are processed are raw food compliant) and that should rid my body of all the yukies from yesterday. Between that and a good pooping and I'll be good to go! I still don't think my body has release that meat from Sunday

6/13 - Water great, workout excellent, eating 99% clean. Hubby brought me 2 small chocolates home from Lifeway Christian books stores and I figured hey, they have scriptures and no trans fats or other yukies....these are sanctified chocolatesCals 1884. Was still at 171.5 today but at the tail end of my period. I should be back to normal by the end of the week.

6/14 - Water okay, workout great, cals 2243Edited by: FV Mom
Old 06-05-2007, 06:14 AM
WAHM Master

I will be doing DOUBLE DUTY for the next few months so on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's I will do a high impact workout in the AM and a low impact workout in the PM. I will also be calculating my dailywater intake, something I had stopped doing and keep a close eye on portion control.
My why: To get a boost on my weight/inch loss so I can hit the 100#'s total lost mark and we are going to start planning our 2008 Jamaican vacation so this will help push me too.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 AM
WAHM Master

6/8- AM- 31 min. Turbo Jam Fat Blaster PM- 15 min. walk outside & 45 min. mowing (I was so tired I only did one side of the house LOL)

6/9- Day off

6/10- Day off

6/11- AM- 62 min. Turbo Jam Get on the Ball Total Body Blast PM- 32 min. Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 mile brisk walk

6/12- 45 min. mowing

6/13- AM-45 min. Turbo Jam Get on the Ball Kickin Core PM-47 min. Goddess Workout-Intro to Bellydance

6/14- 15 min. walk outside (didn't feel too well today)Edited by: angienewton
Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

What: This month I would like to work on getting more sleep throughout the week so I can wake up earlier and go for my morning walks. I am aiming for no less than 6 hours of sleep a night to start this week & I will add 1/2 an hour every week until I get to 8 hours of sleep a night. This in turn will help me wake up earlier so I can go for my morning walks & still have time to get ready for work and eat breakfast.
Why: Studies show that when you do not get enough sleep, your body, your workouts, and everything suffers!!!

As far as walking, I will help in getting my day started with a good calorie burn, exercise, & it will boost mydaily steps walked.

============

Friday 6/8-

7 hours of sleep last night.

Didn't get up early to go for a walk, so I will try and fit it in this evening. Did the GTS (gravity training system) (Creators of the TOTAL gym) in my CFP class today- different workout but AWESOME & CHALLENGING - WOW! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Saturday 6/9- Weigh-in & updated stats & measurements

9 hours of sleep last night[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

- Day off

Sunday 6/10-

5 hours of sleep [img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]

- Day off

-Reward Lunch & Dinner

Monday 6/11-

5 hours of sleep last night

- 3.5 mile walk/run (around neighborhood) LOTS of hills!in 50 minutes

- No CFP class today

Tuesday 6/12-

5 hours of sleep last night
- Lower Body (Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Abs Split) & 35-45 minutes HIIT on treadmill.

Wednesday 6/13-

7.5 hours of sleep last night

- Finished my Lower Body workout & 30 minutes of HIIT training on elleptical

Thursday 6/14-

6 hours of sleep last night

- Upper body split (Chest, Biceps & Abs)

- Ate pizza [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

- 20 minutes of HIIT

Edited by: veperez
Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

What: I would like to get back into a regular exercise program each day (I took about 10 days off recently due to my knee). I would also like to remain on the WW core system for the month if I can - the difference in my energy level & ability to feel satiated since starting core is amazing!

Why: because it makes me feel better than if I don't eat as well and don't exercise as much I like having energy (makes up for my lack of sleep with my baby up 4 times every single night).

Fri 6/8 ~ 1 mile run on treadmill, great Core day.

Sat 6/9 ~ WW weigh in & overnight to NYC (I will post Sunday evening) - weigh in 123.6. LOTS of walking through NYC & Central Park anddancing at our event too (that was my exercise for the day). Eating - totally off plan because I was going all out on our weekend away.

Sun 6/10 ~ Eating - still off core, and a few pounds crept back on over the weekend, but that's okay as my goal weight is 125. I will stick to core for dinner and all of the rest of this week, so hopefully I won;t go over 125 at my next weigh in on Saturday.

Mon 6/11 ~ HAVING

Tues 6/12 ~ A

Wed 6/13 ~ BAD

Thurs 6/14 ~ WEEK Back on track again next week.

Edited by: Lexi's Mom
Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I also need to get back into a regular rotation. I had to take a few weeks off to get things situated and now I'm back in the game! Why? Because I feel lazy when I don't exercise! So after about 3 weeks, I'm back to Tj'ing. And after about 2 months, I'm back to double workouts! Took some time out of that one because I got burnt out

6/6-1 hour run/walk
6/7-Get on the ball (cardio part) nad Booty SculptEdited by: mchoat
Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
WAHM Addict

My what is to slowly increase the amount of excerises I can do even if it is walking a bit further or adding more stretches to my current routine and also increase my water consumption (I am really bad about that).
My why is because I am really enjoying how I feel and look, and want to be 180 lbs by the end of June (I am at 192 1/2 down from 234lbs since 1/30/07).

Friday 6/8/07... 1 mile walk, normal daily excersizes, 1 glass of water, did really good as far as eating went today too!

Saturday 6/9/07...1 glass of water, and ate well...No time for excersize

Sunday 6/10/07...Pocono Race! Well it ended up raining most of the time, but I did get a bottle of water in, ate GREAT, and walked I would say about 2 miles.

Monday 6/11/07....No walk today, and eating was good, 1 bottle of water, and in about 10 minutes I am going down to do my 50 reverse situps and the rest of my leg and arm stretches with resistance band : )

Tuesday 6/12/07... No walk today (stupid rain), eating very good, 1/2 bottle of water (kinda slipped a little back on the water), 50 reverse situps, leg and arm stetches with resistance band, added new stomach excercise to routine...did 10 reps on that.

Wednesday 6/13/07...Kinda a hard day for me today, had alot of back pain...so I did only maybe a 1/2 mile walk, 30 situps, and some simple leg stretches and arm stretches with no resistance band. Water not so good either only a 1/2 of a bottle. Praying tomorrow the back pain will be gone or at least more managable then today!

Thursday 6/14/07

DAWNEdited by: OrangeSmoke20
Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

WOW, congrats on your weightloss Dawn!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
WAHM Addict

Thanks Veperez!! It was a difficult road, but worth it in the end! I am excited to lose even more : )
DAWN