Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Anybody know of BC that doesn't cause terrible weight gain???? I got an IUD after my son was born, and I've gained about 15 pounds (in 7 months!) Supposedly, IUDs don't make you gain weight, but I've been researching online and a lot of ppl are having the same problem w/ not being able to lose weight and also acne (I've NEVER in my life had a problem with acne, not even in high school, and it's terrible now). Any ideas? If you feel uncomfortable posting here, feel free to pm me. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 AM
TheArmyWife

4 words for you...Stay Away From DEPO!!

I took the depo shot after I had my son and while it was conveinent, it was horrible for me. I gained 20lbs in less than 6 months and it made my hair fall out. I just got off the Ortho Evra patch and I gained like 3lbs in 2 months (I was not consistant with it though). There are some people who say depo worked great for them, but almost everyone I know who had an experience hated it. I heard the Nuvaring is good though.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 PM
WAHM Addict

I can't do hormones at all! Prayer, the rhythm method, and wearing pink sponge rollers and sweats to bed should be higly effective![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Edited by: FV Mom
Old 06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Super WAHM

Depo should be taken off the market! It is awful stuff.
I'm currently using the NuvaRing... I like it a lot and haven't noticed any weight gain.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:33 PM
WAHM Addict

I have the Mirena IUD, the hormones are incredibly low on it so there is no weight gain with it, at least that is what the OB who put it in said. I have had it for 3 years and no weight gain at all. Love it.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
I can't do hormones at all! Prayer, the rhythm method, and wearing pink sponge rollers and sweats to bed should be higly effective![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
I just about choked when I read this......

Seriously, I wish I had an answer for you , but I had a tubal when my youngest was 5yrs old....Good Luck

Old 06-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

FV Mom, you're a hoot... rofl Mommy of Two... so funny, I have the Mirena 5 year. It's the acne that's killing me the most. It's not so much causing weight gain for me as keeping me from being able to lose as easily. But, it's super convenient. I had depo for a few months and absolutely hated it... HATED it. I guess I'll keep my IUD until the 1 year mark and see how things are then. From my research, it looks like a lot of the symptoms are gone by then. It's a long time to endure, but after that I'll (hopefully) have 4 years with no worries lol. Have you heard about the new thing called essure? it's considered as permanant as a tubal, but it's noninvasive to have it done. you can have it done at your ob's office and go to work the next day. that's my plan for once my mirena is due to be taken out (assuming i'm still using it then). i figure by then i'll know for sure if we plan on having another baby or not. it's pretty cool. thanks everyone for your responses!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have been on Ortho Tricyclene for years. No weight gain no acne, etc. It works for me.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

That's a pill, right? I don't do as well with pills. Now that I stay home with the kids, I'm just not in enough of a regular routine to be able to remember to take it every day at the same time. I guess I'm just too picky.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Did you see the new pill that is chewable? You can take it whatever time of day.I wonder how that one is. Sorry I forgot the name ... I saw it on TV. Edited by: chrlstoncharmed