Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 AM
WAHM Regular

i have an upper arm issue. i think its just lax musle hanging.i hate it. my mom keeps saying i am buit like my aunt.
but anyway
is there an work out or something that i can do for this?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 AM
WAHM Addict

What weight workouts have you tried? There are several workouts made for just working your arms, or include weight workouts for your arms. Have you tried any home workouts?

I know The Firm workouts all incorporate weight exercises for your arms, plus they have cardio. It is a good overall workout, you may want to try some of those workouts.

I would say look for a good toning workout. If you check out www.collagevideo.com you will find a bunch of them along with reviews of the workouts. You can watch clips of the workout also. I go there for my research and then see if I can find the workout much cheaper on eBay to purchase.

Also, you can try doing tricep dips at home off of a chair, that can help tone them too. But honestly, you will most likely need a good toning workout to help get those toned up. It looks like Shape Bikini Body Transforming Workout is a good one too- I don't own it but I just watched a clip of it and it looks good.

Good luck!

Edited by: mommytotwo
Old 05-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Ditto on what mommytotwo made...

Videos, the only video that I found that encorporated a lot of upper body work is power90. Great starter video!!!

I don't do alot of video training - most of my workouts are done at the gym, but i'm sure more of the ladies will be around and suggest more videos that encorporate the training that you are looking for. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

If you have access to a gym, dumbells, or resistance tubes, here is a webiste that has some really good upper arm workouts.
<a href="http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html" target="_blank">
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html</a>

At home workouts - pushups &amp; dips are great compound exercises that target the triceps brachii (which will firm up the muscle &amp; stop the arm flaps). Push-ups are great for the chest &amp; triceps &amp; dips off your couch target the triceps and use a lot of other upper body muscles for stabilization.

Of course, you can never just spot reduce. When you do these exercises, you will be working the muscle(s) under the fat. Overall body fat must be reduced to lose fat
in any particular area.

Cardio is the BEST thing for targeting &amp; losing body fat.

Hope this helps,

~ Vilma

Old 05-28-2007, 03:04 PM
WAHM Regular

it does help. im trying billys boot camp and yoga booty ballet. and then plan old walking when i get a chance outside. i need to get some weights. do you think wrist weights are better than regular free weights? i dont really have access to a gym (lord i wish) but anyway...
Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

You can start off with wrist weights, however, you need to challenge you muscles. I would recommend that you get dumbells and just add more weight as you go. If you don't want to spend $$$ on that, good 'ole fashion body weight push ups &amp; dips will work wonders!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 PM
WAHM Addict

Personally, I think free weights are better than using the wrist weights or weighted gloves. Weighted gloves are great to help boost up your cardio and do some toning, but if you really want to target a specific area, you will probably need to do some free weights with them. You can buy a few sets. I have a 3 pound, 5 pound and 8 pound set I use for The Firm workouts I do.

Also, you may want to try purchasing an exercise tube, or exertube. Those are great for toning. Just a suggestion.