Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:42 AM
WAHM Regular

i have noticed,,, that i stress eat. its usually between 11am and 4pm... how the heck can i control it?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'm a Bored eater, so to combat that I pack carrots, fruit, celery in my lunch everyday.

Hope that helps....
Old 05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

I do the same, eating fruits and veggies helps cure my cravings. Sometimes, just getting active helps also... call a friend, go for a walk, etc. I eat out of habit... when I'm watching tv, I want to eat, when I'm on car trips, I want to eat (Lord help me this weekend... 9 hour drive to florida ) So, I try to avoid those things... instead of sitting on the couch watching tv, I tape my favorite shows and walk on the treadmill while I watch. As far as eating when you're sad or down, journaling helps also. If you're like most people, you don't feel better after you eat, you feel worse. Try writing down how you feel when you have those cravings. Then, if you do binge, write how you feel afterwards. You'd be surprised sometimes thatyou don't feel much better. Then next time, pull out your journal to remind yourself that eating won't help, and you need to find some other outlet. It's hard at first, but it's all about making habits... once you're no longer in the habit of doing that, you won't crave it as much. It's just getting through the transition stage that can be tough. HTH!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Awesome WAHM

What are you eating for breakfast? When ??
Old 05-26-2007, 03:35 AM
WAHM Regular

I am stress drinker (cokes) or least I use to be. Igave them up for water so I haven't had that problem lately. I have been bumping up the exercisewhich helps me manage my stress so much better.Do you have time busy yourself during that time maybe with an activity or by working out?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:03 AM
WAHM Fanatic

For stress eating, it's good to find out WHY you are eating..because many times you can feel "hungry", when you actually are feeling a different emotion..

Something that can take 3 minutes max and make a big difference is to Stop and ask yourself..what am I feeling, sad, angry, lonely, tired, bored and then if you like to journal, write a sentence or two about what you are feeling, then later write how you feel when you go ahead and eat or if you decided not to.

Little things too like, drinking water, many times thrist can feel like hunger, going for a walk, finding something that you like to do, calling a friend, etc. These can all help a lot!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 AM
WAHM Regular

well i eat breakfast usually at 730 - 8am. and its usually regular old oatmeal with some rasins in. or some eggs... but anyway. i try that. i have a bag of baby carrots in the frige so when i got and open it i usually grab 2 or 3.
i have been doing billys boot camp 3 times a wek and walking at least a mile around the track 3 times a week. then i do yoga 2 to 3 times a week. ugh... no change in weight. maybe it will start going down soon.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 PM
WAHM Addict

Your not getting enough calories. Listen to your body, it's really hungy! Start eating every 3 hours and increase your calories and I'll bet the pounds will start melting off! Brb, gonna find Vilma's post...

ETA: Here it is!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_post...27&KW=TDEEEdited by: Fruta Vida Mom