Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
WAHM Fanatic

So I checked out a few of the links FVMom was kind enough to post from Vilma (thanks ladies)....and I calculaed my body fat %. It came out to 31% I am not too happy about that. I know I am pretty soft still but I thoughtI might be a little lower than that. UGH! My BMI is between 22 - 23 which is okay...
I want to try and get a more accurate body fat % by my doctor but who knows the next time I'll be going there.

Either way, I feel like I need to work much harder (eating better being the first and foremost thing I need to direct my attention to).

This is why I try not to pay attention to numbers...they can be very discouraging!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 PM
WAHM Addict

I know how ya feel girl! That site is pretty accurate too, it was with .09% of my body fat scale.

I think for you since you're already at your goal weight is now you should turn your focus to adding lean mass. The best way to do that is with weight training. You can do it ma'am!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That's exactly what I was thinking...which leads me to want to know what I can do from home since I have zero time to join a gym right now. Other than actually purchasing a weight bench....I wonder what else would work? I'll have to do a search on the web.

Thanks FVMom! I appreciate your input!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Well I'm starting P90X on Monday, and I know Jenn also does a weight workout at home too. I'm sure we'll get lots of feedback! Oh, Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt and 3T are also resistance workouts. You can always increase weight as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

What is the link to that calculator? I had mine measured yesterday at the YMCA, and would be interested to see how close the calculator is. I posted it on my blog too, which took some guts.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 AM
WAHM Addict

Here it is Bob, Courtesy of Mrs. Perez, information extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veperez
This is the most accurate circumference online body fat calculator that I could find that came anywhere close to the 3-7 site calipers, hydrostatic weighting, & BIA body fat testing that can be done by professionals and are your best bet if you want to get a very accurate body fat % reading.

Online body fat calculators are the next best thing....

Fitness Buddy Body fat test at biofitness.com - claims that their method is 3.5% (+ or -) as accurate as a hydrostatic water tank test ($50 to $100) and .7% (+ or -) as accurate as a multi-site skin caliper test ($15 to $25). Itís the method that I currently use to track my body fat levels.

Active.com - pretty accurate body fat circumference body fat calculator

Body Fat Estimator at sixpacknow.com - This Body Fat Calculator will give an approximation of your current body fat levels. For visible six pack abdominals a body fat percentage of 15% or lower for women and 10% or lower for men is required.

==================

One more suggestion.... what I like to do is get the average of all three, however, Iusually go with the biofitness reading.

Hope this helps,

~ Vilma