Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
WAHM Addict

Ok, I know guys love it but IMO it's not very feminineI understand it's a good thing to have veins popping out as it means your vascularity is good and stuff (not totally clear on it, I just know they make a lot of products for pro body buildiers to achieve it). Has anyone else had thos experience? I've allways been a small veined girl - it was drama taking my blood lol, they always had to use the butterfly needle, but now they're so BIG. They pop out on my calves, forarms and hands (areas with hardly any fat). Is there anyway to get rid of them, and what are they?

PS: These are NOT vericose veins, but just normal ones popping out (I am genetically blessed not to have vericose veins or cellulite tee hee)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 03:44 PM
WAHM Master

Wow! Is this something new? Is it happening after exercising or just all the time or what? What all supplements/powders/anything are you taking besides food?

I do know it happens with bodybuilders, but you're not bodybuilding, so that can't be it. With them it's caused by low body fat, low water retention and/or high blood pressure? Any of those apply?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
WAHM Addict

All the time lol. I'm looking at the big ole' veins in my hands as I type lol. I haven't added anything new recently, but it's kinda been this way, I'm just now noticing. My blood pressure is perfect despite my love affair with Lawry's Seasoned & Garlic Salts[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img], drink 86 ounces or more of water per day, body fat is NOT low though it is mostly concentrated in my middle and not much at all on the lower extremities (calves, feet, forearms, hands etc.) Well, off to find out what the whowie it is[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM
WAHM Master

Hmmm....I don't know then. If you find out what is causing it, let us know!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
WAHM Addict

Ut-oh! Someone's getting OLD!! Bwahahahaahaa

..... ducking for cover .....
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlstoncharmed
Ut-oh! Someone's getting OLD!! Bwahahahaahaa

..... ducking for cover .....
Oh really...........? Prepare for your beat down now.....[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

How do you like that HUH!?

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 06:00 AM
WAHM Addict

LOLOLOL OK, you put me in my place. Hey, if you are getting old, I'm getting OLDER! I'll need a walker on wheels to help me Turbo Jam.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlstoncharmed

LOLOLOL OK, you put me in my place. Hey, if you are getting old, I'm getting OLDER! I'll need a walker on wheels to help me Turbo Jam.
And Orthopedic shoes!And have an ambulance on call!I can see us now complaining about how "that modifier is just going TOO FAST! Not like the old days....."

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I don't think so! I'm not growing old without a fight! If Sarah (Abraham's Wife)was still FINE at 90 then by golly, I'm gonna be too![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]Edited by: Fruta Vida Mom