Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
WAHM Regular

alright... well im back. they checked my blood pressure and it was a little elevated like 130/90... so i told them that i didnt really want any meds that i knew it was from weight gain and stress. which i still weight my 210 that i have been this whole time ugh!!!!
so they told me to cut down on my salt intake and work out reg. and stuff. i go back next week to get another check. they told me that if its still up next week that i will get some meds ugh. but i guess i gotta do what i gotta do...
so im prayin that it will come down before next week....
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2007, 03:45 PM
WAHM Master

Thanks for checking in, CaSandra!

You can do this....focus this week on everything they told you to do and check in here to let us know what exercise you do daily.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your BP comes down
Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Super WAHM

Hi CaSandra,

I'm sorry to hear about your blood pressure. I would be right with you not wanting to take meds. Have you considered whole food type supplements? I don't actually know much about high blood pressure and what you should do. I'm very thankful that is not something I have to deal with. In fact, I'm trying to be proactive and loose my weight before I get to that point.

Good luck. What are you doing for weight loss?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:29 AM
WAHM Regular

well im watching what i eat. checking calories and of course sodium intake. you know i found that the "store brand" foods have less calories and sodium than the "name brands" i was shocked. and i am walking a mile every evening and doing a work out dvd sometime during the day. plus taking the kids outside more. so i wont be tempted to snack all day or sit on my bum all day.
i am also hopeing to get this stroller/cart type thing for mothers day so i could strap the kids in and walk. it can even attach to a bike.
but thats what i am doing right now.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Alright im back from my re-check. i had also developed this presure feeling in my throat/upper chest area. so they checked that. they said my heart sounded good so it probably was not my heart. i was relived.
anyway the BP is ok. so no meds for me. i just need to watch what i eat and how much sodium i eat. and she also said that working out and walking was very good for my BP.
thanks for your prayers!!! they have worked.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM
WAHM Master

Glad to hear your positive update, CaSandra!

And great idea to take the kids out more to help with the snacking
Old 05-13-2007, 06:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Glad to hear everything is ok!!!

Do you like raisins? You could buy the little boxes and snack on them. I keep one in my purse for a fast pick me up! I'm not a big raisin fan, but I'm acquiring a taste for them.

You can do this - Believe me, if I can...anyone can!!!

Join us in the monthly challenge - this is the first time I've done it. It's helping me alot!!!!