Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Infant only daycare....

Does anyone here offer infant only, or ever offered it in the past? If so I would love to speak with you more about it. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
WAHM Regular

I would love to be able to provide infant only daycare! In my state infant only is ages 8 weeks to 36 months. I have looked into infant only daycare but the qualifying hours are too many it would probably take over a year to acrue enough hours to meet the guideline., my home's sqft isn't enough to have a large enough group, and I would need to hire on a staff. I think the ratio of infants to care provider is 4-1.I am currently liscensed for upto 10 kids. two being 6 weeks till 2years. 4 being under 6 and 4 being school aged. Someday though I may look into it again.

Are you a daycare provider currently?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Infant Only

Infant only would have been wonderful. Unfortunately, in Michigan where I was licensed, we were only allowed 2 infants under 18 months and 2 more between 18 and 36 months. I closed a couple years ago after 22 years but having only infants would have not been very cost effective for me.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I was an Assistant Director of a local daycare, have 13 yrs of teaching experience in the classroom and infants are my passion. I am without a job now and in a position to start up my own and would love to provide care for 6 wks to 18 months. I would eventually like to move into a brick and mortar in which I would provide for all ages, but starting out right now, I want just infants.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 AM
WAHM Regular

It sounds like you have lots of experience in child care. Working with children of all ages. I have been a child care provider since 2000 and have really enjoyed it. I would like to wish you the very best of luck in your launch back into child care.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you, that means a lot!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered WAHM

When I had my daycare, after a few years into it, I decided I worked best and had the most fun with the 0-2 year old's. So I "specialized" in infants, toddlers and 2's.

While I never had just infants - I always started off with 2 infants, when I had 2 toddlers and then 2 year olds. I graduated them at 3 and was ready for 2 more infants. I love this. I did always charge more for the incoming infants. Back in May of 2000, in the silicon valley I can't believe I was charging $255 for infants a week! But people were able to pay it.

Now where I live in a semi rural area of northern California, the poor providers here can barely make $350 a month, which is why I have not gone into home-childcare here.

Best wishes with your babies!!!

Kidcrossing Redding