Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Harmful Affects of Soft Drinks

A soft drink is a beverage that usually contain with carbonate water, sugar and flavor. Small amount of alcohol may be present in a soft drink but it must be less than 0.5% . The calories in soft drinks is depending on the sugar. Mostly people drink soft drinks. But itís common knowledge that soft drink undermines your figure and health. Here are some side affects of soft drinks:

Weight Gain:
Soft drinks will make you fat and you will have to face the problem of obesity and weight gain. It is very high in calories. Drinking a single 330ml can every day is translate to more than 1 pound of weight gain every month. So, drinking soft drinks is the harmful effect on weight and health.

Diabetes:
Soft drinks do not contain anything which can help your body and mind. You will be much better off not drinking any soft drinks. Soft drinks contains sugar in large quantity which is the cause of Diabetes. weight gain increases the risk of diabetes.

Kidney Damage:
Soft drink increases the risk of kidney damage. People who drink two or more cans of soft drink everyday may be increasing their risk of kidney damage. The artificial sweeteners that are used in all diet soft drinks are to blame for the kidney damage.

Harmful Effects on Liver:
Soft drink is bad for your liver. Drink one or two cans of fizzy a day can increase of liver damage by 80% . Liver damage is usually associated with alcohol but now a days, soft drink also damage the liver.

Effects on Teeth:
When we drink soft drinks, it damages our teeth by removing tooth enamel. In soft drinks the sugar content is bad for your teeth and the second bad part is the acidity, which is quite high in soft drinks. So soft drinks can damage our teeth.
So, Please try to avoid Soft Drinks friends.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered WAHM

I will simply state that I haven't been able to drink soft drinks since I was 19 years old. They started giving me frequent, severe bladder infections, ultimately requiring the assistance of a urologist.

Fevers, throwing up, nausea, bleeding, and catheters just are not good prices to pay for a Coke or a Mountain Dew.

Oddly enough, I was never a massive soft drink drinker, even back then. I consider it (again) a blessing, as the health issue forced me to make healthier choices early in life, which I probably wouldn't have, much like any normal person.

Also not saying I make the best choices all the time, either, but one off the list helps, yes?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:26 AM
Super WAHM

Default Totally opposite

I was raised in a heavy soft drink house. My mother would keep a full shelf in the fridge of nothing other than canned pepsi, diet pepsi, and pepsi free products. I guess because I was raised on the stuff, I have become "used" to it? Any time I try to wean myself off soft drinks and drink more water, I feel the urge to go a lot even to the point it hurts. Maybe that is my body getting used to the water and flushing years of carbonated beverages out.

One day I will get away from soft drinks entirely.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for sharing. Its really a reminder of how dangerous soft drinks really are.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have given up soft drinks for several years now! I even recently cut way back on drinking any fruit juices because of the sugar content! I try to drink mostly water!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the information, that's exactly what I needed to hear to cutback on my soda intake.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the info. I have really cut back on soda but sometimes I have just got to have a Coke! There is nothing like a Coke! I will think about this post when I get the urge. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Even though the phrase "soft drink" is used to differntiate soda from alcohol, a more appropriate term would be "hard drinks" or "sweet acid."

Although I indulge from time to time, mostly during the holidays, there is really no upside to the beverage when it comes to the health of your body.

Awesome drop, OP!
Old 12-07-2015, 02:25 AM
Banned

Default No High Fructose Corn Syrop

Hi,
Alison here, and I will tell you that I am always reading label it is not just soda it is everything. I went to buy some "Hill Shire Farm's" Italian sausage and it had High fructose corn syrup in it. I looked at their kielbasa that same, hot links the same. This stuff is poison and they keep putting it in our food. I only shop at Whole Foods now.
Alison
Old 12-21-2015, 05:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I recently gave up soft drinks too and never looked back .

It's amazing how much better I feel. I sleep better. I wake up more refreshed. All from kicking my Diet Coke habbit.

Not to mention I lost 3lbs too