Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Grand WAHM

Arrow Obama’s jobs plan

do you like it hate it or think it will not make any difference?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
WAHM Regular

I think it's a start. The real problem will be getting both parties to agree on it. If they really want to solve this problem they need to totally put politics aside. Another option is to severely punish all US companies that shipping jobs overseas with huge tax increases. Enough is enough!!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:00 PM
WAHM Regular

There seems to be no core, overriding strategy behind his jobs plan. Seems like most people would agree, as evidenced by the tumble the market took the next morning.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

Talk is just that, talk. Election time is just over a year away and he would like to keep his well paying job.
If our national infrastructure's get repaired that would be a very good thing but it only creates jobs for a select few in that field for a short amount of time. If our teachers can avoid layoffs that is also a good thing, but for how long?
If unemployment benefits get extended that will cost the tax payers about $49 billion but will do nothing to create jobs. This jobs plan also does nothing to address the growing amount of regulations that are placed on small businesses making it a nightmare for many of them to grow and stay in operations. 75 new major regulations have been put into place since Obama took office which cost U.S. business more than $40 billion. There is nothing in this plan that addresses this issue.
Time will tell.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:11 AM
WAHM Regular

I really think he has had this new jobs plan on his agenda since he has started. I remember hearing about it a few times before so why is he acting like its this great idea he just thought of? Is he trying to get his statistics back up before election time? I think its too late for that. Just my opinion.

Suzanne
Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Grand WAHM

I wonder if we get to see whats in the Bill probably not!

~Amy
Old 09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
WAHM Regular

His job is not too well paying for him. He was making a few million more a year before he became President.

It seems to me that the parties are so separate and far apart that any resolution is just a dream at this point. Everyone has to be looking at election time and how they can ensure they remain in office. Hopefully, something positive will come out of this mess.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
WAHM Regular

It doesn't seem much different that the previous plan he proposed and that didn't make much impact on unemployment. The last package spent more on a defunct green company, Soladyne, than construction projects, as pointed out by a congressman from Tennessee.

I don't see much incentive for the small and medium size businesses to grow if he gives relief in payroll taxes, but increases collection in income taxes. There is no net gain.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Obama's job plan

I might get in hot water here but I think the biggest problem with the job plan is that it's from the government. There are many things the government can do but creating lasting and sustainable jobs (with the exception of working directly for the gov) is not one of them.

As mentioned above if they would just back off of the regulations, not all but those that are stifling business growth and make the business climate more favorable, small business would create jobs. I could say more but this may be enough for now.

David Tampien
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 AM
WAHM Addict

That's one more promise by Obama which won't take place in reality, just on the paper. There is a lot of experience in this field and all the reforms are useless and the main point is change people's opinion.