Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Check this list who voted for/against health care bill

Just saw this now on AOL. You might want to check your own politician's performance. At least ours voted as promised.

How Did Your Representative Vote on Health Care? - AOL News
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
WAHM Addict

Caught a bit of Hannity earlier and he was saying how the ramblings going on behinds scenes were over who was going to get to vote "N". I don't care how they voted...they ALL need to be voted O U T!!!! (MHO of course )
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Glad to see all the people I voted for in my state also voted for me and my family to have health care.
Dianne
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
WAHM Master

Just wait until you see what you actually "get" for your health care before you start celebrating. We passed the same bill in MA and people didn't get nearly the free ride they were promised. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the great care they are promising to deliver. You will see the increase in taxes. Especially since they are already floating the VAT tax. That hits all people regardless of whether you pay income taxes or not.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:17 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneM View Post
Glad to see all the people I voted for in my state also voted for me and my family to have health care.
Dianne
How is this "health care" any different from what we had before? It's not. We never had real health care. It's illness care. They don't care for your health. They care that you are sick & need the drugs that suppress your immune system even more so you need more drugs. Get it? ;-)
Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneM View Post
Dianne
Really?? I'd love for you to point out anywhere in that bill that provides you and your family to have health care. It doesn't. It's not in there. What the bill does is REQUIRES your family to BUY health care. There is a HUGE difference.

For my family, it requires us to pay up to $676.74 per month to buy health insurance (at which point government subsidies will kick in so we don't have to pay more than that) PLUS 30% copayments and deductibles. Yes, we MIGHT be able to afford to get health insurance (if we give up eating) but we sure as hell won't be able to afford to go to the doctor or hospital if any of us get sick.

I'm just really ticked off over this. I went last night to get my son's meds (he's not insured because of a preexisting condition). His monthly medication that finally really works and he likes as much as we do just went up from $182 a month last month to $216 per month. The only thing that has changed is the health care bill. I have a feeling this is only the beginning and that we're going to get a lot of nasty health care surprises over the next four years.

Last edited by adbullock; 04-06-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey4 View Post
Just wait until you see what you actually "get" for your health care before you start celebrating. We passed the same bill in MA and people didn't get nearly the free ride they were promised. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the great care they are promising to deliver. You will see the increase in taxes. Especially since they are already floating the VAT tax. That hits all people regardless of whether you pay income taxes or not.
Oh and don't forget that the VAT is in addition to income taxes and taxes at every stage along the way. What does this do? It hikes the prices even more because everyone passes their taxes on to the consumers. I'm planning to start heavily pushing for fair tax candidates. Repeal the 16th and institute the Fair Tax....eliminate the IRS (then MAYBE I won't get his with $4,000+ in fines each year when I can't afford the $8,000+ in health insurance).
Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbullock View Post
Really?? I'd love for you to point out anywhere in that bill that provides you and your family to have health care. It doesn't. It's not in there. What the bill does is REQUIRES your family to BUY health care. There is a HUGE difference.

For my family, it requires us to pay up to $676.74 per month to buy health insurance (at which point government subsidies will kick in so we don't have to pay more than that) PLUS 30% copayments and deductibles. Yes, we MIGHT be able to afford to get health insurance (if we give up eating) but we sure as hell won't be able to afford to go to the doctor or hospital if any of us get sick.

I'm just really ticked off over this. I went last night to get my son's meds (he's not insured because of a preexisting condition). His monthly medication that finally really works and he likes as much as we do just went up from $182 a month last month to $216 per month. The only thing that has changed is the health care bill. I have a feeling this is only the beginning and that we're going to get a lot of nasty health care surprises over the next four years.
You can't say we here in MA didn't warn the world what you getting into. I have been crying in the desert since before Obama was elected. Nobody wanted to hear.

My health care costs have gone through the roof since MA had health care reform which this bill is modeled on and my care has not improved. I have double copayments and increased health care premiums. DH's employer was not one of those evil capatilists we keep hearing about, but reality was that as the state increased the required items and passed on the cost of those who couldn't afford to pay to employers the employees ended up paying more and losing coverage. As the democrats like to say elections have consequences, well they do. So do reforms.

It doesn't mean we all have free health care at will. It means we all pay more and most people aren't getting much more than they had before. They just complain a good deal more about what they thought they were going to get and how we all should be willing to sacrifice even more to give them more. Oddly enough there does not seem to be any incentive to work harder to get more. The harder you work, the more this system punishes you.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 AM
WAHM Master

Our Republicans didn't let us down, but what good did that do?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 AM
WAHM Master

Ironically I read in the paper recently that MA has finally admitted that this plan was not designed to bring down the cost of health care. In fact costs have soared. Gee that big reveal could not have happened before the national debate?

There was another article yesterday about a synogauge that had set up a free health care clinic providing basic primary care to residents in the area prior to MA health care reform. They rejoiced when MA reform was passed because they thought it would put them out of business and they could move on to other projects they have had on their to do list, but lacked resources and funds. Lo and behold all these years later they have expanded and worked to help a Church in the next town over start another clinic because the need is just too great. People may have insurance, but access and affordability still remain issues admist the massive goverment program we have created. Just imagine how much more disaster federal intervention can create.

If only they had spoken before the vote.