Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I actually thought "omg, Perez Hilton is actually in on choosing the next Miss USA? LOL

Did you know that these judges actually have to go through training and be certified to be judges? In my small town our Miss Outstanding Teen Pageant goes right into the Ms. California pageant which then runs into the Miss America. All these judges are "Ms. American" certified. One of my friends is a judge and must go to annual judging training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie1
I don't think she answer what was being askedof her, and for that she should have lost points. However, Perez Hilton's response to it shows he obviously lacks the maturity to judge anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 05:27 AM
WAHM Master

I will say I appreciated that Fox finally went back and look at the scores going into the question portion of the competition and she wasn't leading going into the question portion from their report and they've been the one leading the reports on the free speech issue. So they did do a fair report in stating that even if she had gotten a different question and she'd answered it with a PC acceptable responce it is likely she'd not have won and we'd never have heard of Miss CA. The resulting publicity from this has actually likely guarenteed her more work than Miss USA at some point. Most people wouldn't recognize Miss USA but how many of us have escaped seeing Miss CA?

Perez Hilton didn't do the gay community any favors with his post blogs and interviews. He came across as unable to express himself intelligently on the subject. While he may despise middle America whom he doesn't agree with on a host of subjects, insulting them openly isn't likely to gain him an audience willing to listen. Others have done a far better job outreaching to the public on this issue. I doubt he truly cares about the issue as much as he does about himself, promoting himself, and getting people to pay attention to him. He was quite succesful in doing that. I know I could have cared less about him judging the contest and knew nothing about him until he insisted on making a jerk of himself after the contest. He had a right to do so, free speech is still protected in this country, but his motivations are questionable. I doubt anyone in the gay community truly thinks he did it for anyone other than himself and his own publicity tour. It definitly did nothing to promote the cause of gay marriage or open up positive discussions about the need for gay rights in this country. It actually has promoted people pushing back about the need for more free speech and less censoring of comments from those who disagree with you, which Perez probably cares little about but those who are moving towards a positive dialogue about gay marriage were not hoping for.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

She was asked for her opinion. She gave it. Good for her.