Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamie3535
Biden is the gift that keeps on giving.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Stand up Chuck..........................Oh well God love you, stand up for Chuck.

If nothing else he's good for some comic relief.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
WAHM Addict

Reminds me of the Pinocchio monologue from Shrek the 3rd

Prince Charming: You! You can't lie! So
tell me puppet... where... is... Shrek?

Pinocchio: Uh. Hmm, well, uh, I don't know where
he's not

Prince Charming: You're
telling me you don't know where Shrek is?

Pinocchio: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume
that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.

Prince Charming: So you do know where
he is!

Pinocchio: On the contrary. I'm
possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any
amount of uncertainty that I undeniably

<a href="/name/nm0000391/" target="_blank">Prince
Charming</a>
: Stop it!

Pinocchio:
...do or do not know where he shouldn't probably be, if that indeed wasn't where
he isn't. Even if he wasn't at where I knew he was
[<i ="fine">Pigs and
Gingerbread Man begin singing[/i]]

Pinocchio: That'd mean I'd really have to know
where he wasn't.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
WAHM Addict

That's too funny, Patty Gale! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, if Obama becomes President, and something happens within 6 months of that, I'm going to believe that Biden has a secret that he just couldn't keep to himself any longer. We all know people like that. He said "an international crisis, a generated crisis", and what they are going to do about it, is not going to be looked on as the "right" thing, but that the Obama supporters are going to have to keep the "faith" that they have now to pull it off (my words).

I'm just a wee bit bothered by this.

Maybe Bailey is right, and he's trying to teach them now how to support Obama when things get ugly...I don't know, and either way you read it, it's still just very odd statements to make at this time in the election.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Super WAHM

Seriously, this is really a no brainer.

Last edited by shortpencil; 11-13-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, I'm more than a wee bit bothered by it, it scares the $h_t out of me if you want to know the truth.

Anybody else having a hard time sleeping lately? I am not kidding, I laid in bed last night with chest pain that I think it is from stress and the stress is that in roughly 2 weeks we are going to see a change in power all right. And leaving the country won't do a damn bit of good. This is a global thing..

I am dead serious, folks. I worry for my children. I think we have seen the best of times for this country.

Biden is an idiot, no doubt. But I don't think he was talking out of his a$$. He knows what is coming, and what is coming is a terrorist attack that will be "staged" so to speak. The stage is set, the play with all the acts have been written, folks. We're just sitting ducks waiting for it to unfold..

Cheerful, I know I am not. But I have never been so terrified for our country in my life. No election has EVER felt like a life of death situation. But this one is... This one is for ALL the marbles.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 AM
WAHM Master

Actually, I have been losing sleep the past couple of weeks. I've been chalking it up to peri-menopause (yes, I know I'm young, but it's happening...lol), but I'm starting to think it's because of this whole election issue and I am worried.

I am also worried because just two days ago I was watching the news and there was mention that the gov't is now performing security clearances for both campaigns, the earliest it's EVER been done in history, because there is a threat of terrorist attacksduring our time of "transition" when we are weak. I don't know if the powers that be havesolid proof of this or not and have not researched it yet. I'm half afraid to.

But what concerns me is we are not only weak because we will be in transition, but because of our economy and because we are already at war.

It also concerns me that Biden really does know what he's talking about, even if this announcement was beyond idiotic on his part. Was it a gaffe or was he just trying to be honest? I don't know. What also concerns me is that he mentions what happened with JFK after he was elected.

I don't know. I am still trying to hope for the best.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 AM
WAHM Master

I think it would be stupid not to prepare for it. If it doesn't happen then no harm done, and if it does then we are at least hopefully ready with some hope of recovery after the fact. I don't see Biden having any intelligence, sorry couldn't resist, of any specific events but more a logical conclusion that the best time to strike would be during a transitional phase.

I also think Biden is realizing that while people are in love with Obama now, that love isn't going to extend to a National crisis or a severe economic crisis if Obama doesn't respond well and I do think he is trying to lay the ground work to get people to lower their expectations. It isn't going to be flowers and roses regardless of who we elect, things are going to get tough and he wants people to go easy on Obama.

I wonder if Joe thinks Obama can stand the heat.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8tivgurl
Yeah, I'm more than a wee bit bothered by it, it scares the $h_t out of me if you want to know the truth.

Anybody else having a hard time sleeping lately? I am not kidding, I laid in bed last night with chest pain that I think it is from stress and the stress is that in roughly 2 weeks we are going to see a change in power all right. And leaving the country won't do a damn bit of good. This is a global thing..

I am dead serious, folks. I worry for my children. I think we have seen the best of times for this country.

Biden is an idiot, no doubt. But I don't think he was talking out of his a$$. He knows what is coming, and what is coming is a terrorist attack that will be "staged" so to speak. The stage is set, the play with all the acts have been written, folks. We're just sitting ducks waiting for it to unfold..

Cheerful, I know I am not. But I have never been so terrified for our country in my life. No election has EVER felt like a life of death situation. But this one is... This one is for ALL the marbles.
I couldn't agree more. Biden spoke truthfully and I don't for a moment think this was another "gaffe". In terms of the campaign...yes. But in terms of the possible Obama presidency - he was spot on.

Terroristswelcome an Obama presidency. They are practically campaigning for him. They view him as weak...assomeone who won't strike back....

Why wouldn't a terrorist group test his mettle? We know where McCain stands in terms of defending America. Obama...not so much.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
WAHM Addict

I know this is a weird thing for me to say... but my mom and I were talking about Palin and how people were saying she can field dress a moose and we were thinking that they were trying to give her an image like yes she is pretty but she isn't squeamish and she could take care of the country if something should happen.

I know it's a bit off topic but what do y'all think? But since we are talking about "tests" of Obama I thought it kinda sorta relates.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
WAHM Addict

Nostrabiden[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]