Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM

My kids have both informed me they are voting for mccain.

We pretty much don't discuss politics at home other then my wife listens to me b*tch about something I have read now and then. Apparently the scholastic news has blurbs in it and now my son knows mccain is a war hero that was a prisoner of war and obama wants to raise his taxes....

Either way, they are both voting for mccain at 8 and 9 years old[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Now I am gonna have to talk to them about Ron Paul. I think I have some time though[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 05:46 PM
WAHM Addict

My eight year old says she would not vote for Obama...her reasoning, is abortion. She says it's ok if a mom has an abortion because she has other kids and might die, because those kids need their mommies, and their daddies might not know what to do. But she believes it wrong to kill babies.

And before I get flamed for my daughter not liking abortions. She heard the term one day and asked what it meant. I told her, and I gave her all the reasons as to why someone might have one.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
WAHM Addict

My son is sick of all the election stuff, and says he doesn't like any of them. (We've kinda hogged the TV at night, when he usually gets to watch Nickelodeon LOL)

My daughter (10) thinks Sarah Palin is beautiful (and even likes her hair) and she is a big Palin fan. She's very into all the debates, etc. But she LOVES history, and says she's watching "history in the making", just so she can stay up later.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

Two votes for Obama, four if you count their spouses (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't!!)

Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg04
She says it's ok if a mom has an abortion because she has other kids and might die, because those kids need their mommies, and their daddies might not know what to do.
Oh that is SOO cute!! LOL!!!

My 4 year old has been hanging out at my Mom's too much, so every time Obama comes on he yells "Mommy, Barack Obama is on TV!!!" He's a fan for the very simple 4 year old reason that saying his name is cool!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

My almost 8yr old could care less!!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
WAHM Addict

I'm very proud to say that my 15yo has been doing research on his own... some for his journalism class, they had to write papers on every candidate, and some on his own and if he could he would vote for McCain.

The other four say McCain... but that is listening to mom... so they don't count. LOL

Old 10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
WAHM Fanatic

My kids are for Obama. There grandfather is for McCain but he has taught them a lot about politics and has made sure my oldest registered to vote. My daughters tell me that the kids get a lot of flack from the other kids.
If you like McCain, you get trashed by the Obama supporters if you like Obama you get trashed by the McCain supporters. I kind of like that they are getting exposed to this early in their life.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaklewis
My kids are for Obama. There grandfather is for McCain but he has taught them a lot about politics and has made sure my oldest registered to vote. My daughters tell me that the kids get a lot of flack from the other kids.
If you like McCain, you get trashed by the Obama supporters if you like Obama you get trashed by the McCain supporters. I kind of like that they are getting exposed to this early in their life.
Isn't that the truth... I don't know why people can't have a polite disagreement. I know me and a few of my friends get into stuff but it's all good.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM

I was surprised they said mccain because we are in a dark blue state, lol. I figured if they were gonna get influence at school it would be the other direction[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
WAHM Addict

My daughter is 7 said she would vote for McCain. She just told me this on the way home from school today.

When I asked her why, she said she wouldn't vote for Obama because she heard on the radio once that some kids were "singing praises to Obama" and that you shouldn't sing praises to him, you should only sing praises to Jesus

(her words, not mine!)