Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
WAHM Regular

I think that women feel a personal connection with Palin as evidence by how personally some members here took negative opinions of her, and that many men and women who are not emotionally vested in Palin's success, know that she isn't ready to lead the nation. I have yet to see anyone speak positively of her experience with a straight face. Usually people resort to attacking Obama when someone even brings Palin's experience up.
Like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAXx0l7fk3A&NR=1
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 PM
WAHM Master

There is a current push now to scare people from voting for Palin because of the life issue. First of course McCain has to die and then we have to have a number of justices die/retire and she has to get all those appointments through a democratic Congress. It isn't as easy as the alarmists propose her take over of the one issue. Then if and when all these things come to palce in the moon and the stars we still have the chance to fight the laws tooth and nail in our own home states.

So even with the moon and the stars aligned I don't see Roe going anywhere.Edited by: Bailey4
Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie1

I don't think Obama has women supporters just because of the abortion issue, because regardless of which side you are on, you would need a very one sided supreme court as well.
I think many women support Obama simply because they have been charmed and wooed by his speeches, and they never really stopped to listen to exactly what he says, they just like to listen to him say it. I think that men, by nature, are more skeptical about what they hear.
Wow. I hold a much higher opinion of most women than this. Many women have researched and believe in Obama's platform. I certainly have not been "wooed by his speeches". I looked at the pros and cons to his plans and to McCain's and decided that Obama's plan was better for my family. I would hope that any McCain/Palin supporter has done the same.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by starviolet
I think that women feel a personal connection with Palin as evidence by how personally some members here took negative opinions of her, and that many men and women who are not emotionally vested in Palin's success, know that she isn't ready to lead the nation. I have yet to see anyone speak positively of her experience with a straight face. Usually people resort to attacking Obama when someone even brings Palin's experience up.
It's funny because Obama who should be focused on his own record and campaign is focused on Sarah Palin who if her record is so non-threatening should easily be ignored, like McCain is ignoring Biden, a boring choice for the Democrats.

However, the Democrats continue to attack her not because she isn't qualified but because they are afraid she is. If he wasn't afraid he would never bring her up, much like Biden is almost never mentioned in the news, because he has nothing to add to the campaign. He's just there.

If Obama was more confident and doesn't want to fall into the trap Hillary fell in, he'd definitly get back on the trail and focus on himself and ignore the canidate that he thinks isn't worthy and leave the voters to decide that for themselves. The more he talks about it, the more his numbers drop.

So by all means Obama keep up that fear mongering about Palin, we love it here.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think Obama has women supporters just because of the abortion issue, because regardless of which side you are on, you would need a very one sided supreme court as well.
I think many women support Obama simply because they have been charmed and wooed by his speeches, and they never really stopped to listen to exactly what he says, they just like to listen to him say it. I think that men, by nature, are more skeptical about what they hear.
Wow. I hold a much higher opinion of most women than this. Many women have researched and believe in Obama's platform. I certainly have not been "wooed by his speeches". I looked at the pros and cons to his plans and to McCain's and decided that Obama's plan was better for my family. I would hope that any McCain/Palin supporter has done the same.
I'm still hearing a great deal of the I hate Bush rally cry. Not so much about the I am supporting Obama because he will do....

The one thing that seems to be on the e-mail list is the 95% tax cut but beyond that, not to much, it reverts back to he's not George Bush.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Obama seems to be focused on his own campaign. Here he is today discussing education in Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGcr1UZpBfA
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
WAHM Addict

The way Obama and the media talk and try to plant fear you'd think this whole country was lined up at the soup kitchen.

****Don't think that I'm not feeling for people who are unemployed either, yes, I think people need help at times.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:

Are you for real? Who are you referring to exactly?

For one, I can't read any of your FACT finding posts with a straight face, does that count?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the laugh. I really needed it right about now.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:22 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8tivgurl
Quote:
I think that women feel a personal connection with Palin as evidence by how personally some members here took negative opinions of her, and that many men and women who are not emotionally vested in Palin's success, know that she isn't ready to lead the nation. I have yet to see anyone speak positively of her experience with a straight face.</font> Usually people resort to attacking Obama when someone even brings Palin's experience up.
Like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAXx0l7fk3A&amp;NR=1

Are you for real? Who are you referring to exactly?

For one, I can't read any of your FACT finding posts with a straight face, does that count?
Never ever ask that question. Trust me on this one![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Edited by: kamie3535