WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

havetime 04-09-2014 12:40 PM

hi ya

I can see by all the Titaners most of ya are all still doing it.....I haven't even done the 3rd samp yet, I am still recovering from a broken finger.....totally unrelated to this thing. have a good one allz

msmichy 04-09-2014 07:28 PM

OH WOW Havetime.. sorry bout the finger.

For me I just sent in my fourth set of 10 bracelets. I found this last batch of bracelets to be my biggest challenge.. they were all fighting against me. Seems the wire had a mind of its own....you know Medusa.. her hair of snakes, well thats how the wire acted.. EVEN BIT ME A FEW TIMES!!

I see by others that have posted that some have experienced some difficulties too. Keep your chins up and forge forward!!

Take care all and heres to the hard workers!

clayton 04-10-2014 08:52 AM

Yyyyyaaaaaaaooooooooowwwwwwww!!

So like i am now approved Titan Crafter.....i can get the two chaines made for a bracelate in two hours, but thats not putting the brecelate together. Wich takes me like 30 minuets making it sure its perfect because i just barrely started....ive made like 13 sample bracelets just to get the hang of it all.....I use cotton gloves that have a rubber coating on one side, letting me control wire totally. Here goes my first lot....Yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooowwww wwwwwwwwwwwww!!!:D

Truckwife 04-16-2014 09:05 AM

10thLot Update

I just sent my 10th lot (plus sample) yesterday. After it is paid, I'll find how many lots they allow me to do in a month. So I will soon find out if this was all worth it! It took a long time to get here, but hopefully I'll be able to do 4 lots per month. I'll let you know when I know!

Happy Weaving,

Lynne[/QUOTE]

Wow, It sure has been a long time!! I've been very busy weaving since my 10th Lot Payout. I was paid for the Lot, my sample WW and reimbursed for the tool kit I purchased. Then Titan actually contacted me about doing custom orders for them. I have been doing 1 Lot per week.

Glad to see some new crafters on board. I'm still finding ways, not only to make a WW with higher quality but also make it easier. Something I discovered yesterday was to help make it easier to thread the memory wire into the chain. All I did was simply straighten out about 1/2 inch of the end of the memory wire and the chain slipped right on (I was shock that it was that easy). Then since we all should have about an inch or more left after making the end loop, the straightened end is cut off and discarded.

I'll try to check in once a week of so to give updates and to all the newbees keep trying it does get easier!!

Happy Weaving Everyone,

Lynne:)

snurfy2k 04-16-2014 07:40 PM

That's great Lynne!! They received my 8th lot on Monday so I'm almost there! :-) My goal is to also do a lot a week so I'm glad to hear that it's possible to do after your 10th lot is sent in!!

Good luck everyone!!

Truckwife 04-17-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snurfy2k (Post 3206765)
That's great Lynne!! They received my 8th lot on Monday so I'm almost there! :-) My goal is to also do a lot a week so I'm glad to hear that it's possible to do after your 10th lot is sent in!!

Good luck everyone!!

Ya, it's really simple, finish your 11th lot, send payout form, then send lot request form, do the 12th lot....repeat...as long as you have supplies on hand you can keep going!

Lynne

Dtipcook 04-17-2014 08:24 AM

Perfect timing!!

Wow, It sure has been a long time!! I've been very busy weaving since my 10th Lot Payout. I was paid for the Lot, my sample WW and reimbursed for the tool kit I purchased. Then Titan actually contacted me about doing custom orders for them. I have been doing 1 Lot per week.

Glad to see some new crafters on board. I'm still finding ways, not only to make a WW with higher quality but also make it easier. Something I discovered yesterday was to help make it easier to thread the memory wire into the chain. All I did was simply straighten out about 1/2 inch of the end of the memory wire and the chain slipped right on (I was shock that it was that easy). Then since we all should have about an inch or more left after making the end loop, the straightened end is cut off and discarded.

I'll try to check in once a week of so to give updates and to all the newbees keep trying it does get easier!!

Happy Weaving Everyone,

Lynne:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this advise! It makes complete sense one I read it! I'm finishing my first lot so this came at the perfect time! :);):D

Aroihkin 04-17-2014 08:43 PM

Hello all~ I've read all 97 pages of this thread and taken notes on the tips and tricks folks have posted, I've even set aside a bit of wood to drill to make my mandrel holder when I have it. :)

I'm gonna sign up to start doing this after my move at the end of May. I'd get going on it now but I won't have access to a craft store to grab practice wire, or to a post office to mail a sample, until then.

Figured I'd hop into the thread anyway, after spending a few days reading over the whole thing.

msmichy 04-17-2014 09:07 PM

I am currently working on my 5th set of bracelets. I am excited and very encouraged by this company. They are top notch and sure answer quickly when you have a question.

Heres to happy weaving and may all your wire be nice..not like an unruly snake!

clayton 04-19-2014 03:19 PM

hmmmmmmmm.....

Im glad to hear that there is the possibility of doing custom orders For the company later on in the future. Also happy you moms out there are kicking ***.....gives me alot of motivation knowing that you girls are really busy and still manage to work. I have perfected The weaving process totally, i probably spent over 30 hours studing this weaving process to a perfection, I can make a bracelet in 1 1/2 hours, if everything goes smoothly and right lol. Still have my mind set on a lot a day, it is taking all my physical and mental power to speed the process up with every loop made. Im thankful i dont have kids, lets me consintrate 100% with learning this trade lol I try to put in 12 hour shifts but my hands cramp up and quit working lol i hope my hands get use to this work soon......YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!